Re: [givewell] Conversation with William Easterly

  • Lee Crawfurd (MoFEP)
    Message 1 of 4 , May 20, 2009
      Interesting discussion, I especially liked the idea about some kind of person-to-person referral network. I have no idea how this would work in practice but it might be interesting to think about engaging with some kind of new media facebook-type application or something similar by which you could potentially create direct interaction with local NGOs on the ground, and/or somehow aggregate individual recommendations.

      What do you think?

      --
      Lee Crawfurd

      Economist (ODI Fellow)
      Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning
      Government of Southern Sudan

      lee.crawfurd@...
      Zain: +249 (0)914897740
      Gemtel: +256 (0)477256753

      2009/5/15 Holden Karnofsky <holden0@...>

      Good suggestion, thanks.

      New link: http://givewell.net/files/ResearchInterviews/William_Easterly_2009_05_12_trimmed.mp3

      On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Phil Steinmeyer <psteinmeyer@...> wrote:

      The link doesn't work for me. Actually - I'm not sure if its the link or an
      issue downloading mp3s in my browser.

      In any case, the weird symbols in your link title (%20), are, I think, some
      sort of odd substitution for spaces. I would try renaming the file using
      underscores, which is more conventional and less problematic for filenames

      i.e.

      http://givewell.net/files/Research_interviews/William_Easterly_2009_05_12_(trimmed).mp3