Job-hunting

  • Gail Pickett
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2003
      Hi everyone,

      I am a new member of gismonyc and I was at the May meeting. I enjoyed
      meeting all who attended and listening to the presentation. I have been
      working with GIS for nearly two years and I thoroughly enjoy it. I am
      currently looking for full-time employment as an Urban Planner,
      Researcher, or Architect.

      Recently, I received my Master of Urban Planning from the Robert F.
      Wagner Graduate School of Public Service at New York University where I
      have specialized in economic development and housing policy. During my
      time at Wagner, I have worked with community groups in East Harlem to
      research and analyze their future needs and create strategies to meet
      these needs.

      My current research position requires me to work with large databases
      such as census data and to create presentations. My prior experience
      was with an architecture firm where I professionally handled multiple
      projects guiding them through all phases of the architectural process
      from preliminary design to the completed building. I have experience
      with commercial buildings including libraries, schools, office
      renovations, and hospitals. I know both AutoCAD and Arcview (GIS)
      software extensively, as well as Excel and SPSS.

      I have enclosed my resume. Please contact me by email at
      gmp221@... or by phone at 646-246-1360. if you are somebody you
      know is interested.

      Sincerely,
      Gail M. Pickett