New Jersey Zip Code Boundary Map

  • Marilyn Lee
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 4, 2002
      We would like to identify dislocated workers from the World Trade Center by
      residence. Can anyone help me get a base map of zip code districts in NJ in
      either ArcView or MapInfo format? Thank you.

      * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      Marilyn Lee
      NYC Economic Development Corporation
      110 William Street
      New York, New York 10038

      Telephone: 212.312.3834
      Facsimile: 212.312.3911
      Email: mlee@...
    • Gregory Kurilla
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 4, 2002
        ESRI has the Zip codes included for all states on the Data CD's that
        accompany their products. I would think that Zip code data is also
        available through the Geography Network.

        >From: Marilyn Lee <mlee@...>
        >To: gismonyc@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [gismonyc] New Jersey Zip Code Boundary Map
        >Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:20:51 -0500
        >
        >We would like to identify dislocated workers from the World Trade Center by
        >residence. Can anyone help me get a base map of zip code districts in NJ
        >in
        >either ArcView or MapInfo format? Thank you.
        >
        >* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
        >Marilyn Lee
        >NYC Economic Development Corporation
        >110 William Street
        >New York, New York 10038
        >
        >Telephone: 212.312.3834
        >Facsimile: 212.312.3911
        >Email: mlee@...

      • Ja Ra
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 4, 2002
          Hey Marilyn,

          You could try this website at the Census. They have state files in ArcView
          and ArcInfo. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for ZIP codes. Use WinZip
          to open them. If there are any other resources I'll let you know.

          James

          http://www.census.gov/geo/www/cob/bdy_files.html

        • daniel.obrien@semo.state.ny.us
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 4, 2002
            Marilyn,
            See attached file "nj_zips" - shapefile of New Jersey zip code areas.

            Dan O'Brien
            New York State Emergency Management Office
            Building 22, Ste. 101
            1220 Washington Ave.
            Albany, N.Y. 12226-2251
            Tel: (518) 457-1836
            Fax: (518) 457-9930
            daniel.obrien@...

            We would like to identify dislocated workers from the World Trade Center by
            residence. Can anyone help me get a base map of zip code districts in NJ in
            either ArcView or MapInfo format? Thank you.

            * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
            Marilyn Lee
            NYC Economic Development Corporation
            110 William Street
            New York, New York 10038

            Telephone: 212.312.3834
            Facsimile: 212.312.3911
            Email: mlee@...

          • Jeanine M. Kopec-Columbia
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2002
              Have you tried the NJ DEP site?

              http://www.state.nj.us/dep/gis/

              Hope it's useful!

              Jeanine

              ********************************
              Jeanine M. Kopec
              ADMINISTRATOR
              Geographic Information Systems
              NY/NJ Clean Ocean And Shore Trust
              Columbia University
              918 MUDD Building
              500 West 120th Street
              New York, NY 10027
              Phone: 212-854-1568
              Fax: 212-854-7081
              www.nynjcoast.org

              We would like to identify dislocated workers from the World Trade Center by
              residence. Can anyone help me get a base map of zip code districts in NJ in
              either ArcView or MapInfo format? Thank you.

              * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
              Marilyn Lee
              NYC Economic Development Corporation
              110 William Street
              New York, New York 10038

              Telephone: 212.312.3834
              Facsimile: 212.312.3911
              Email: mlee@...

              begin 666 JEANINE M KOPEC.vcf
              M0D5'24XZ5D-!4D0-"E9%4E-)3TXZ,BXQ#0I..DM/4$5#.TI%04Y)3D4[30T*
              M1DXZ2D5!3DE.12!-($M/4$5##0I/4D<Z3EDO3DH@0TQ%04X@3T-%04X@04Y$
              M(%-(3U)%(%1255-4.T=%3T=205!(24,@24Y&3U)-051)3TX@4UE35$5-4PT*
              M5$E43$4Z041-24Y)4U12051/4@T*5$5,.U=/4DL[5D])0T4Z*#(Q,BD@.#4T
              M+3$U-C@-"E1%3#M73U)+.T9!6#HH,C$R*2 X-30M-S X,0T*0412.U=/4DLZ
              M.T-/3%5-0DE!(%5.259%4E-)5%D[-3 P(%<N(#$R,%1(#0I,04)%3#M73U)+
              M.T5.0T]$24Y'/5%53U1%1"U04DE.5$%"3$4Z0T],54U"24$@54Y)5D524TE4
              M63TP1#TP034P,"!7+B Q,C!42 T*55),.@T*55),.FAT=' Z+R]N>6YJ8V]A
              M<W0N;W)G#0I%34%)3#M04D5&.TE.5$523D54.FIK,C T,4!C;VQU;6)I82YE
              E9'4-"E)%5CHR,# Q,3$R,50Q-C$T,C=:#0I%3D0Z5D-!4D0-"@``
              `
              end
            • Walter Daniels
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2002
                They are on the free data CDs that come with ArcView.