Lunchtime Geospatial Chats

  • Bruce Oswald
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012

      The NYS GIS Association will be providing its members with a number of activities in the coming months.  On Tuesday, June 26th at noon, we will begin our lunchtime geospatial chats.  This will provide Association members with an opportunity to learn from each other and network “virtually” in discussion about relevant geospatial topics.

      One of the highest priorities noted in the 2011 Annual Survey was the need for additional networking opportunities.  The Lunchtime Geospatial Chats concept is “virtual” networking opportunity is designed to supplement the Association’s regular meetings, conferences, webinars, and training sessions.  It will be held “on-line” and be made open to Association members only.

      Attendees will be asked to provide their ideas about the designated topic in a Google Doc prior to and during the call.  After the session has ended, the information will be posted on the website and referenced via the List Serve, Twitter and Facebook.  Call-in information would be made available to those members that sign up prior to the meeting.

      After this year’s Association Survey closes today at 5 pm.  (If you haven’t completed the survey yet, go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TJB5V65 ).  We will be selecting our first topics from it shortly and look forward to seeing you all there.  (Details will follow.)

      Bruce

      --
      Bruce Oswald , President
      NYS GIS Association

      "
      Find a way to say yes to things." - Eric Schmidt, Executive Chairman, Google