Re: [gismonyc] Looking for a GIS job

  • Lloyd Nakao
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 17, 2000
      serdar--
      i may have something in mid-October. send me your resume.
      --lloyd nakao
      director, gis group
      nyc dept. of housing preservation and development
      new york, ny 10038
      212.863.8030
      >>> borasay@... 10/06/00 11:34AM >>>
      Hello,

      My name is Serdar Bora Sayin. I've graduated from
      Yildiz Tech. Uni. in Turkey with a BS in Geodesy and
      Photogrammetry Engineering. I'm looking for an entry
      level GIS or mapping position. If anyone helps me I'll
      appreciate. Thank you .

      S. Bora SAYIN

      SERDAR BORA SAYIN

      1013 Avenue J Apt# D7, Brooklyn, NewYork 11230

      PHONE: 1-347-693 3283

      E-MAIL: borasay@...

      PERSONAL WEB PAGE: www.geomagnet.cjb.net /
      www.geocities.com/magnet_com

      OBJECTIVE

      To obtain a position in internet or computer-related
      fields.

      SKILLS

      Computer Programming Languages: C, HTML, java-scripts
      and Basic

      Web Designing Tools: Macromedia Flash 4.0, Macromedia
      Freehand 8.0, Adobe PhotoShop 5.5,
      Adobe Illustrator, Paint Proshop 6.0, Frontpage
      Express

      Office Tools: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS
      Outlook, MS Powerpoint

      Engineering Tools: Bentley Microstation SE, AutoCad
      R14, Esri ArcView 3.1, Esri ArcInfo 8.0

      Platforms: Win 95/98, Win NT 4.0 Server

      WORK EXPERIENCE

      System Administrator (June 2000 * August 2000)
      (Temporary)

      ELITE GOLD INC., NEWYORK, NY 10036

      Running and managing IT Department by myself.
      Consulting for new technology products, computers
      and softwares.
      NT 4.0 Server, Exchange Server and Small Business
      Server administration and maintenance.
      Providing computer training for employees and
      trouble-shooting.
      Office tools (Scanner, printer etc. ) and
      software installations.

      Laboratory Assistant (January 1999 * June 1999)

      YILDIZ TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY YTUBIS (CAMPUS-GIS) SEARCH
      PROJECT,Istanbul,Turkey

      Collecting and editing data , searching the
      archives.
      Used CAD softwares (MicroStation SE and AutoCad
      R14) drawings and digitizing.
      Established a dynamic database to update the
      data.
      Created useful information to increase the usage
      of the capacity and to reduce the expenses.

      Engineering Intern (Summer 1996 - 1997)

      ANDMAP PHOTOGRAMMETRY AND SATELLITE TECHNOLOGY
      ENGINEERING SERVICES
      LTD.,Ankara,Turkey

      Participated in a feasibility project of a
      factory and a highway project between two cities.
      (Aydin -Denizli).
      Gained both business and technical experience.
      Learned to use MicroStation and AutoCad
      softwares.
      Experienced in interpreting aerial photographs
      and land surveying with total station and GPS.

      EDUCATION

      Anatolian Teacher Training High School

      Aksaray, TURKEY (1991-1995)

      Yildiz Technical University, Civil Faculty,
      Geodesy and Photogrammetry Engineering Department

      (Engineering of Land Surveying, Mapping and
      Geographical Information Systems)

      Istanbul, TURKEY (1995-2000)

      ACTIVITIES AND HONORS

      Permanent Resident of USA (Have Green Card)
      Member of NewYork GISMO (Geographic Information
      Systems & Mapping Operations) Group (2000)
      Member of Yildiz Technical University Alumni
      Association (2000)
      C Programming Course in Society for C and System
      Programmers (1998-1999)
      TOEFL Preparing Course in Turkish American
      Universities Society (1997)
      Member of Geodesy and Photogrammetry Club (1996)
      Member of Yildiz Technical University Engineering
      Students Club (1995)
      Boyscout leadership during the camps (Summers
      1992 * 1994)

      REFERENCES

      Available upon request

      http://photos.yahoo.com/

      -------------------------- eGroups Sponsor
    • Lloyd Nakao

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 10, 2002
          Hello all,

          My name is Bora Sayin. I'm a GIS Consultant and I'm
          currently unemployed. I am looking for a GIS
          employment opportunities in NY City area.

          If you know of an open position or know of someone who
          might know any openings in New York City area please
          pass along the information.

          Thanks in advance.

          S. Bora Sayin
          347-693 3283