RE: [gismonyc] GISMO organization at GISMO Steering Committee

  • Gale Brewer
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2006

      You have made history…

      Gale

      -----Original Message-----
      From: gismonyc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:gismonyc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of jaconet@...
      Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 10:04 AM
      To: gismonyc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [gismonyc] GISMO organization at GISMO Steering Committee

      At the last GISMO Steering Committee Meeting I spoke about withdrawing from much of my leadership role at GISMO. I've been doing this for 16 years. GISMO needs additional committed leadership. Leaders should be younger and more GIS-technically aware than I am.  I told the Steering Committee that I would maintain my present leadership level through the end of the year.

      If you want to help organize GISMO or help with GISMO in general, please attend the next GISMO Steering Committee meeting, Thursday, September 7 at 3:30pm. It will be important to get to know your colleagues.  If you are interested but unable to come, email me (jaconet@aol.com) with any ideas.

      Downsizing my role in GISMO is a main agenda item but we also need to arrange a Westchester visit with Sam Wear and plan personnel for the 9/20 general meeting.

      Here are directions to the Steering Committee meeting location hosted by Ken Reid at JASA

      Thursday September 7    3:30pm

      The JASA offices are located on the 10th floor at 132 West 31st Street, on the south side of 31st street between 6th and 7th Avenue. We're right across from Penn Station.

      You can take the 1/2/3 or A/C/E to 34th Street/Penn Station, the B/D/F/V and N/R/Q/W to 34th Street and 6th Avenue.
      Ken's number  is 212-273-5202

      See you there!

      Jack Eichenbaum