The Work multiplayer rules

  • flibbidyfloo
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 11:43 AM
      Hey everyone! I just bought Girl Genius:The Works card game and the
      rules said that more instructions for Multiplayer variants would be
      available online. But I can't find anything at all, and very little
      even on the game itself.

      Has Studio Foglio given up on this game already, or is it outof their
      hands now? James Earnest studios doesn't have much either, and
      CheapAss games' web page is a year out of date regarding it.

      Any suggestions on where to look? Thanks.
    • John H. Reiher Jr.
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1 7:06 PM
        At 6:43 PM +0000 5/1/02, flibbidyfloo wrote:
        >Hey everyone! I just bought Girl Genius:The Works card game and the
        >rules said that more instructions for Multiplayer variants would be
        >available online. But I can't find anything at all, and very little
        >even on the game itself.
        >
        >Has Studio Foglio given up on this game already, or is it outof their
        >hands now? James Earnest studios doesn't have much either, and
        >CheapAss games' web page is a year out of date regarding it.
        >
        >Any suggestions on where to look? Thanks.

        Hi Flibbidyfloo!

        The most important thing about variants is that A: They would be
        posted on www.cheapass.com, and B: Any variant rules come from us:
        The Players.

        So let's whip some up!

        You can play Partners, but you can't share any cards between the two
        of you. However, any card effects that affect one player, affects
        both players. You have one pile of cards and you share the point
        total.

        Tag Team Play: There are two teams of three or more, each with their
        own hand. Only one person can play at a time, but he or she can "tag"
        off to another player if he pops a card. If he doesn't pop a card,
        then he can't tag off. Card effects affect only the active player.

        Any other ideas?
        --
        Kedamono@...

        http://www.ahtg.net
        "Another one of them new worlds.
        No beer, no women, no pool parlors - nothin'.
        Nothing to do but throw rocks at tin cans and we got to bring our own
        tin cans."
        ---- Ship's Cook, United Planets Cruiser C-57D
        Forbidden Planet