Re: [Girl Genius] Miyazaki et GG

  • markmohrfield
    Message 1 of 18 , Mar 4, 2005
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, John Reiher <kedamono@a...> wrote:
      > On Mar 3, 2005, at 9:25 AM, Jon Kerr wrote:
      >
      > Actually no, the heroine in Laputa was fairly passive, she let
      things
      > happen to her.

      I'm not so certain about that. She wacked Muska in the head with
      that wine bottle, bit one of his men, knocked over the guy shooting
      at Pazu, and managed to get the jewel away from Muska.

      Agatha is not passive, she'd kick Sheeta in the butt and
      > try to make her be more active, rather than reactive.
      >
      > --

      Okay, this has to be the worst image of a catfight ever:)

      Mark Mohrfield
    • Joshua Kronengold
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 4, 2005
        Debbie writes:
        >> > Not even vaguely on topic: "Porco Rosso" has now very nearly replaced
        >> "My Neighbor Totoro" as my favorite Studio Ghibli film. :)
        >Get "The Cat Returns" while you're at it.

        Oh, is that what it is called? It's kinda neat, yes.

        --
        Joshua Kronengold (mneme@(io.com, labcats.org)) |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
        --^-- "Get your mind right and you can make a stick /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 4, 2005
          I've seen Howl's Moving Castle 3 times now and I still can't
          understand the ending. But so far it has the craziest
          contraptions of any Ghibli film. Not just the castle which is
          held together by magic, but also fighter 'planes' remenicent of
          Monty Python.

          -JW Booth

          Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!