Re: Set shields to maximum...

  • m_randalt
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 10, 2002
      Ha! That's pretty good, but check out this limerick action:

      There once was a TPU genius,
      who, for his graduate thesis,
      built backward knees,
      bent in minus degrees,
      and for his trouble got kicked in the teethes.

      Can you tell that only took me 15 minutes?
      8^)

      -Randalt

      --- In girlgenius@y..., unca_bad <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > > ... keep our creative juices flowing ...
      >
      > Limericks?
      >
      > Or would that be too painful? For example:
      >
      > A mad-girl who lives down the hall
      > Gave her bath an invisible wall
      > When questioned to why
      > She just winked her eye
      > And said "This will show them all!"
      >
      > -Brad
    • whouseknecht
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 10, 2002
        How about this:

        There once was a madboy named Klaus
        Kept wild dogs o'er a stream near his house
        When he dropped the dogs in
        All his neighbors cried, "Sin!
        Wulfenbach's an eponymous louse!"

        Bill and Barry (The Heterodynes)
        Eschewed beers (they thought better of wines)
        They drank Chateau Neuf
        In the rain in the buff
        And proclaimed it the wetter of nines!

        Not great, but them's my two pfennigs...

        Wayne B. Houseknecht

        --- In girlgenius@y..., "m_randalt" <m_randalt@y...> wrote:
        > Ha! That's pretty good, but check out this limerick action:
        >
        > There once was a TPU genius,
        > who, for his graduate thesis,
        > built backward knees,
        > bent in minus degrees,
        > and for his trouble got kicked in the teethes.
        >
        > Can you tell that only took me 15 minutes?
        > 8^)
        >
        > -Randalt
        >
        > --- In girlgenius@y..., unca_bad <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > > > ... keep our creative juices flowing ...
        > >
        > > Limericks?
        > >
        > > Or would that be too painful? For example:
        > >
        > > A mad-girl who lives down the hall
        > > Gave her bath an invisible wall
        > > When questioned to why
        > > She just winked her eye
        > > And said "This will show them all!"
        > >
        > > -Brad
      • John H. Reiher Jr.
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 10, 2002
          At 7:38 PM +0000 4/10/02, m_randalt wrote:
          >(has a disturbing mental image of mimmoths as croquet balls, à la
          >Alice in Wonderland)

          That, or Monty Python's "A Sunday Afternoon", ala Peckinpah. Blood
          everywhere...

          >--- In girlgenius@y..., Stephanie Ganger <sganger@t...> wrote:
          >

          > > Wouldn't a Seattle-area GG croquet party be a lot of fun?

          Yes it would. In fact, why don't we set up some afternoon at a park
          somewhere and do it! I nominate St Edward Park, you can't beat a
          gothic style building on the property...

          I just picked up the complete set at Zanadu including the card game
          "The Works" this past weekend and I am now addicted. How did I get
          hooked? I ran into Kaja's mom, Rosemary at a dBug meeting. She sold
          me on the series and we had a great talk about things, Kaja and
          Phil's Performance Art, and how everything was going on.

          So now I'll have to subscribe to make sure I don't miss an issue.

          Oh, and...

          There once was a lass named Agatha
          More volatile than a tin of naphtha
          She has the spark
          lights up the dark
          She shadows all else in her umbra
          --
          ------------------------
          Kedamono@...

          http://www.ahtg.net
          ------------------------
          "Another one of them new worlds.
          No beer, no women, no pool parlors - nothin'.
          Nothing to do but throw rocks at tin cans and we got to bring our own
          tin cans."
          ---- Ship's Cook, United Planets Cruiser C-57D
          Forbidden Planet
        • dubois1889
          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 11, 2002
            --- In girlgenius@y..., Stephanie Ganger <sganger@t...> wrote:
            > Wouldn't a Seattle-area GG croquet party be a lot of fun?

            Yes it would. I have a croquet set if one is needed.

            >"m_randalt" wrote: (has a disturbing mental image of mimmoths as
            croquet balls, à la Alice in Wonderland)<

            Think you could make some of your stuffed mimmoths in different
            colors? :)

            Theresa
          • detryxtyr@aol.com
            Message 5 of 17 , Apr 11, 2002
              In a message dated 4/10/02 2:24:14 PM Central Daylight Time,
              sganger@... writes:

              > Phil Foglio showed that the goggles could fit over your glasses at
              > Norwescon, in
              > addition to having the replaceable lenses. You could always try that.
              > This would be so cool.
              > > I've heard there's going to be an RPG. Anyone heard if it's going to be
              > in
              > > an established system or if it will be original?
              >
              > I have heard rumors of this as well. I know that Kaja likes GURPS so I
              > would
              > not be suprised if the rpg is in GURPS or even GURPS lite.
              > Well, since Agatha made a cameo in GURPS IOU, I wouldn't be surprised if
              > they used GURPS.

              Captain Geek
              The best things in life are silly-World's Smartest Garbageman

            • detryxtyr@aol.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Apr 11, 2002
                In a message dated 4/10/02 2:32:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
                sganger@... writes:

                > Are you in the Seattle-area too? There are a ton of us GG fans in this area
                > that I have been seeing. I ended up giving away the GG comics I won at
                > Norwescon to a friend to get them hooked. Be an Agatha type student if you
                > want to be! I haven't decided what I want to do for a costume yet. It sure
                > sounds like you have some great ideas though.
                >
                > Wouldn't a Seattle-area GG croquet party be a lot of fun?
                >
                > --
                > Stephanie Ganger sganger@...
                > www.teawithstephanie.com

                You people keep this up and I just may move to Seattle.

                Message 7 of 17 , Apr 11, 2002
                  In a message dated 4/10/02 2:54:55 PM Central Daylight Time,
                  m_randalt@... writes:

                  > (has a disturbing mental image of mimmoths as croquet balls, à la
                  > Alice in Wonderland)

                  I'm thinking of huge mallets with gears and levers and steam pipes and...

                  Message 8 of 17 , Apr 11, 2002
                    At 11:50 AM -0400 4/11/02, detryxtyr@... wrote:

                    > > (has a disturbing mental image of mimmoths as croquet balls, à la
                    >> Alice in Wonderland)
                    >>

                    >I'm thinking of huge mallets with gears and levers and steam pipes and...

                    Now there is a thought... A sort of a contest at the Get Together:
                    The most original Croquet Mallet contest. All mallets must be usable
                    for game and do not have bits that can endanger small children in
                    Serbia as well as St Edward Park. A "Here! Here!" and a "Good Show"
                    will be given for the following categories:

                    Most Bizarre
                    Most Artistic
                    Most Useless
                    and Most Ingenious

                    What say you all to this idea?
                    --
                    ------------------------
                    Kedamono@...

                    http://www.ahtg.net
                    ------------------------
                    "Another one of them new worlds.
                    No beer, no women, no pool parlors - nothin'.
                    Nothing to do but throw rocks at tin cans and we got to bring our own
                    tin cans."
                    ---- Ship's Cook, United Planets Cruiser C-57D
                    Forbidden Planet
                  • Marci DeLeon
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 3, 2002
                      This is kind of off topic, I know, but does everyone
                      know that tomorrow is Free Comics Day at your FLCS?

                      -Marci, who may have to participate if Keenspot is
                      giving out comic books

                      http://health.yahoo.com