Off Topic - Sad News

  • lohquesse@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
      This is from another discussion list that I am on, and I thought I would pass
      on the information. Mind you, this email is a day or two old...

      > Reporting that science fiction artist Frank Kelly Freas passed away this
      morning.

      Full details are available on his website.  There are a number of
      events-open-to-the-public *today* (Monday 1/3) in the LA area. http://www.kellyfreas.com/

      I know that Kelly Freas did the artwork to Myth Conceptions ('cause I am
      looking at it), but I thought he also collaborated with Phil on D'Arc Tangent. I
      cannot currently find my copy, can anyone else remember?

      Moria/Lohquesse

    • Alice Bentley
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
        >Reporting that science fiction artist Frank Kelly Freas passed away this
        >morning.
        >
        >Full details are available on his website. There are a number of
        >events-open-to-the-public *today* (Monday 1/3) in the LA area.
        >http://www.kellyfreas.com/

        Mark Evanier has a well worded obituary at
        http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2005_01_02.html#009380

        >I know that Kelly Freas did the artwork to Myth Conceptions ('cause I am
        >looking at it), but I thought he also collaborated with Phil on
        >D'Arc Tangent. I
        >cannot currently find my copy, can anyone else remember?

        The artist that collaborated with Phil on D'arc Tangent was Freff.

        Alice

      • Bill Jackson
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2005
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, lohquesse@a... wrote:
          > This is from another discussion list that I am on, and I thought I
          would pass
          > on the information. Mind you, this email is a day or two old...
          >
          > > Reporting that science fiction artist Frank Kelly Freas passed
          away this
          > morning.

          Damn.
        • Tim Blaes
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 4, 2005
            Alice Bentley <alice@...> wrote:

            >Reporting that science fiction artist Frank Kelly Freas passed away this
            >morning.

            I just learned that Will Eisner died on Monday evening from complications arising from his quadruple heart bypass surgery conducted the month before. He was 87.

            Metaphors be with you,

            Tim Blaes