Re: "sweet lightning!"

  • hobbitt_c
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 1, 2005
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Michael Jason Teegarden
      <mjteegarden@y...> wrote:

      Michael, did we end up on the same yahoo group again?

      Candi Cabaniss
    • pmaclanderson
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 4, 2005
        Thank you; a very nice work of hard SF, which I had not read. I think
        I went through Lem before it had been translated.

        A novel of first contact, among other things. One of the characters,
        both a Jesuit and a scientific rationalist, argues from the plurality
        of inhabited worlds that either there must be an "absurd" plurality
        of Resurrections, or worlds entirely fallen.

        The human characters, who have as much of a technological edge as any
        Spark, also demonstrate to what follies empire can fall. I should
        note that the Jesuit dissents....

        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Ryo Hoshi" <hoshiryo@a...> wrote:
        There are still,
        > amazingly enough, those who believe in Lamarck's theories.

        You have my sympathy, of course.

        > [snip]
        > > The uniqueness of the Resurrection
        [snip]