RE: Are the Hunters hunted?

  • mithorond
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013

      In part, you're right... keeping Agatha away from Gil is a priority.

      However, I suspect the biggest priority is re-uniting the Heir with the Castle.

      In terms of the overall story, the current state of Mechanicsburg, and the Castle is the key reveal.

      That barrier wall they just punched thru wasn't there just for show...

      ---In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, <rewastev@...> wrote:

      ---In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, <girlgenius@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      The Jaegers seem to be in an awfully big hurry.
      ****

      I get the general impression that it just isn't safe anywhere. Nobody seems to want  to stay out any longer than they need to. Wednesday's page confirms that they are really worried about Gil showing up, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's hunting Jaegermonsters. They probably just know he'll be coming after Agatha. On top of that, THEY found Agatha. They'll be in a big hurry to get them back to the Generals too.

      -Steve
    • Nanakisan
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013
        I concur, when we last saw Klaus before Agatha vanished. She managed to fully re-energize the castle. So its no surprise that over time when Agatha has been gone. Mechanicsberg even in the ...remains of whatever that black level device caused. It would be no surprise the castle has been up to a lot of stuff. Enough so to the point that the Blitzengards or the Wulfenbachs had to erect that massive wall. Perhaps it went insane. While looking at Gil it would come to no surprise to me. If Klaus's "tampering" left a sort of priority sub-set inside his mind. He is fighting over himself for her safety. But cannot ignore his fathers final orders. He is both sane and yet insane at the same time. Something no doubt Klaus predicted would happen. But possibly had enough confidence in his son to not put any restrictions on later.

        Also a new Jager general? Is it possible that Mamma Gkika perished when she was trying to stop Klaus?

        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, <charlesahner@...> wrote:

        > In part, you're right... keeping Agatha away from Gil is a priority.
        >

        > However, I suspect the biggest priority is re-uniting the Heir with the Castle.
        >

        > In terms of the overall story, the current state of Mechanicsburg, and the Castle is the key reveal.
        >

        > That barrier wall they just punched thru wasn't there just for show...
        >

        > ---In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, <rewastev@> wrote:
        >
        > ---In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, <girlgenius@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        >

        > The Jaegers seem to be in an awfully big hurry.
        > ****
        >
        > I get the general impression that it just isn't safe anywhere. Nobody seems to want to stay out any longer than they need to. Wednesday's page confirms that they are really worried about Gil showing up, but that doesn't necessarily mean he's hunting Jaegermonsters. They probably just know he'll be coming after Agatha. On top of that, THEY found Agatha. They'll be in a big hurry to get them back to the Generals too.
        >
        > -Steve

      • Joleen White
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013

          On Oct 9, 2013, at 5:57 PM, Nanakisan <charpoketron@...> wrote:

          Also a new Jager general? Is it possible that Mamma Gkika perished when she was trying to stop Klaus?

          I thought that there was a vacancy last we saw the generals (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20120514).  It would make sense to promote Dimo since he found Agatha the first time and is pretty sneaky (http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20110314).

        • Daniel W. Johnson
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2013
            On 2013-10-09 18:21, Joleen White wrote:
            > It would
            > make sense to promote

            Or, he might be a clerk for an off-panel general who simply hasn't
            spoken up just yet.
            --
            Daniel W. Johnson
            panoptes@...
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 10, 2013

              Clerk might bee too tame a term.

              General Abrams, one time Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said he could run the whole Pentagon using nothing but O-3 (Army Captain rank) Action Officers.

              I don't know if he was joking or just scaring the bejezus out of his higher ranking officers to get them off their lazy butts. :)

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 11, 2013
                Got to say, I am loving General Dimo. He's hilarious.
                Joleen
              • tom_brosz
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 12, 2013

                  ---In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, <joleenwhite@...> wrote:

                  >Got to say, I am loving General Dimo. He's hilarious.
                  >Joleen

                  Yeah, I got the same good feeling when he came in as I used to get when Art Carney finally showed up on "The Honeymooners."