Volume 13 is now the sixth shortest volume

  • William Ansley
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2013
      Today's (Friday, October 4, 2013) Girl Genius page was just posted, which brings the page count total to 118. This makes volume 13 the sixth shortest volume of Girl Genius; it is longer than volumes 1 (81 pages), 2 (100 pages), 5 (104 pages), 4 (114 pages), and 7 (117 pages).

      Please note that this is referring to pages of the comic itself, not copyright/publication information pages or extra features.

      --
      William Ansley
    • mrobinson52
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 5, 2013

        ---In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, <williamansley@...> wrote:

        Today's (Friday, October 4, 2013) Girl Genius page was just posted, which brings the page count total to 118. This makes volume 13 the sixth shortest volume of Girl Genius; it is longer than volumes 1 (81 pages), 2 (100 pages), 5 (104 pages), 4 (114 pages), and 7 (117 pages).

        Please note that this is referring to pages of the comic itself, not copyright/publication information pages or extra features.

        --
        William Ansley

        So how many more pages does it need to move into 5th place?

        And on a side note, why is it being posted so late on Fridays (going by your timestamp)? My BFF and I like to read GG together in the mornings on Friday in the Eastern Timezone, but the comics are not up until sometime close to noon on this side of the US. :(

        Mary
      • William Ansley
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2013
          On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 9:13 AM, <mrobinson52@...> wrote:

          ---In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, <williamansley@...> wrote:

          >[snip] This makes volume 13 the sixth shortest volume of Girl Genius... [snip]

          So how many more pages does it need to move into 5th place?

          And on a side note, why is it being posted so late on Fridays... [snip]

           Mary,

          Since I am ranking the volumes in terms of shortness, which deceases as the length increases, the next position is seventh, not fifth. Originally volume 13 was the shortest of all (first shortest), then it surpassed volume 1 to become second shortest, and so on. I now realize this was a bad idea, because it is not the way we normally think of length and is very confusing, even to me. So I will now start talking about volume 13's rank in terms of longness, not shortness.

          As of the page posted on Friday, October 4, 2013, volume 13 is seventh longest, after volumes 12 (177 pp), 11 (159 pp), 9 (128 pp), 10 (126 pp), and volumes 3 and 8, both at 123 pp. Since volumes 3 and 8 are the same length, volume 13 will vault into fifth place when it reaches page 124, which will happen on Friday, October 18, 2013, if there are no interruptions, such as more paper dolls.

          As for why the Girl Genius pages are being posted quite late so often in the last few months, the consensus is that the Foglios have just taken on too much work. Fulfilling all of their Kickstarter rewards is eating up so much of their time, they can barely keep up with the comic. Hopefully they will return to something closer to their previous schedule in a few more months when the rewards have been produced and sent out and all of the books are reprinted.

          --
          William Ansley

        • William Ansley
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 5, 2013
            OK, sorry I goofed. I left volume 6 out of my list. Here is the correct information about length ranking for volume 13:

            As of the page posted on Friday, October 4, 2013, volume 13 is eighth longest, after volumes 12 (177 pp), 11 (159 pp), 6 (152 pp), 9 (128 pp), 10 (126 pp), and volumes 3 and 8, both at 123 pp. Since volumes 3 and 8 are the same length, volume 13 will vault into sixth place when it reaches page 124, which will happen on
            Friday, October 18, 2013, if there are no interruptions, such as more paper dolls.

            I will add that it seems likely to me that volume 13 will become the fourth longest volume before it is done; this will require it to reach 129 pages, which will happen on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - again, if there are no interruptions.

            --
            William Ansley