Re: How did Tweedle catch up?

  • ravyng
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2013
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "tom_brosz" <tbrosz@...> wrote:

      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Trey <treydaddy@> wrote:
      > >
      > > OK, so Agatha and crew flew from the fortress and over two very high
      > > mountain peaks. How in the world did Tweedle catch up enough on a sled for
      > > the spark hounds to hear his horn? How did he clear those peaks so fast?

      > Long experience with Constructs has resulted in many Sparks being able to harness the "High-Speed Shamble Effect," which allows a monster that moves by slowly shuffling from one foot to the next to overtake a screaming victim that is running like a track star.

      While I don't doubt the Sparks' ability to follow monster movie tropes, I don't think it's really necessary in this case. We're high up in the mountains, with lots of flat, snowy surfaces and very few other noises to interfere. Sound from a good horn can travel a great distance in those conditions. Zogok knew that he was still far away, and recapturing Agatha (or "the flying thing") was all up to him and the Sparkhounds.

      Yngvar