RE: [Girl Genius] Dave makes a try for Moxana Points

  • Clark, Roger W
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 15, 2013
      I have found a book online that depicts a woman about to chuck the baby. It is here: http://digitalcommons.unl.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2707&context=greatplainsquarterly

      From: girlgenius@yahoogroups.com [mailto:girlgenius@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of vortexcat
      Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:11 AM
      To: girlgenius@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Girl Genius] Dave makes a try for Moxana Points

      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com<mailto:girlgenius%40yahoogroups.com>, "Dave" <mac_lyr@...<mailto:mac_lyr@...>> wrote:

      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com<mailto:girlgenius%40yahoogroups.com>, Meredith Dixon <dixonm@> wrote:
      > >
      > > On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 9:53 PM, Dave <mac_lyr@> wrote:
      > > >Surprisingly, I DIDN'T find the variant I remembered, with the woman apparently about to chuck her baby overboard.

      I think Dave has nailed it. The pictures that I found have no baby chucking. I had trouble finding a picture that wasn't "for sale".
      http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Alfred_Wierusz-Kowalski_-_Tr%C3%B3jki_prowadzonej_przez_wilki_(02).jpg

      It reminds me that the stag is not unarmed, (that horse on the right means business!) and we don't know what the swan/sled can do. So the swine can't fly any further. Bet, though, they can still fight. The tusks may not be just decoration and boars are legendary for their dangerousness.(is that a word?)
      The spark wolves may be in for a tougher time than they think!

    • aseachangea
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 17, 2013
        <vortexcat@...> wrote:

        [snip]
        > It reminds me that the stag is not unarmed, (that horse on the right means business!) and we don't know what the swan/sled can do. So the swine can't fly any further. Bet, though, they can still fight. The tusks may not be just decoration and boars are legendary for their dangerousness.(is that a word?)
        > The spark wolves may be in for a tougher time than they think!

        -------

        Sea Change replies:

        The weaponry on the Van Rijndeer are all forward facing, not well positioned for running away. It would seem that in order to properly flee, you'd need to charge first, possibly with the swan wings fanned out as armor.

        Sea Change, who wonders that though scweincoptern might be formidable fighters, maybe they're not smart enough to engage.