Re: [Girl Genius] Friday 8/2 - slight spoiler

  • Ian Kelly
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 2, 2013
      On Aug 2, 2013 5:26 PM, "Rose Marie Mack" <r2mm@...> wrote:

      > OK, I know there is an Official-Save-My-Eyes-NO-SPOILER bit,
      > but I don't have time to go looking for it.
      > You should not be reading emails anyway if you have not gone
      > to see the new comic just because the comic is AWESOME
      > and cannot ever compare to anything you might read in an email
      > (although some GG group emails are pretty darn good).
      >
      > So go read today's page. I'll wait.
      >
      > maybe.........
      >
      > Read it yet?
      >
      > What do you mean, "No" !!!??!!
      >
      > Fine. Read on at your own risk.
      >
      > nnnnnnnnnnn
      >
      > mmmmmmmmmm
      >
      > No ferret in the sleigh?

      I think the ferret has replaced Krosp in "hammer space".

    • tom_brosz
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 7, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Rose Marie Mack <r2mm@...> wrote:

        > No ferret in the sleigh?
        >

        > Rose Marie

        In today's comic (Wednesday, Aug. 8), Agatha is off in the distance in the last panel, but I'm pretty sure I can see the ferret sitting on her head.
      • tom_brosz
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 7, 2013
        • David Goldfarb
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 7, 2013
            On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 12:38 PM, tom_brosz <tbrosz@...> wrote:
            > In today's comic (Wednesday, Aug. 8), Agatha is off in the distance in the last panel, but I'm pretty sure I can see the ferret sitting on her head.

            I had originally taken that just to be her usual slightly wild hair,
            but looking at it again I agree with you.

            David Goldfarb
          • vortexcat
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 9, 2013
              > I had originally taken that just to be her usual slightly wild hair,
              > but looking at it again I agree with you.

              400% magnification shows only hair. Yes I'm being obsessive. However, today, she has a salvaged (?) hat on her head. That'd be a great warm place for the super ferret.

              Blue
            • William Ansley
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 9, 2013
                On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 8:12 AM, vortexcat <vortexcat@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > > I had originally taken that just to be her usual slightly wild hair,
                > > but looking at it again I agree with you.
                >
                > 400% magnification shows only hair. Yes I'm being obsessive. However,
                > today, she has a salvaged (?) hat on her head. That'd be a great warm place
                > for the super ferret.
                >
                > Blue

                I agree. I see no sign of a weasel on her head the page for Wednesday,
                August 7, just hair.

                --
                William Ansley

              • quasar973
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 9, 2013
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, William Ansley <williamansley@...> wrote:

                  > I agree. I see no sign of a weasel on her head the page for Wednesday,
                  > August 7, just hair.

                  Hard to tell at that resolution. The weasely bit is only about 20 pixels in total. However, I thought it wasn't hair, based on the coloring. The weasely bit looks more brownish/orange to me. And indeed, casual forensic analysis suggests that the hue used for hair in that panel is generally between 43 and 49 out of 255 (yellowish), whereas the weasely bit ranges in the 30-40 range (browish). And with lower saturation as well: 17-45, as opposed to generally 50-70 for hair. Definitely being obsessive now. In any case, as revealed in Friday's comic, there should have been a hat there. Perhaps it's a coloring mistake.

                  Quasar
                • Joleen White
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
                    On Aug 9, 2013, at 9:24 PM, quasar973 <quasar973@...> wrote:

                    > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, William Ansley <williamansley@...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > I agree. I see no sign of a weasel on her head the page for Wednesday,
                    > > August 7, just hair.
                    >
                    > Hard to tell at that resolution. The weasely bit is only about 20 pixels in total. However, I thought it wasn't hair, based on the coloring. The weasely bit looks more brownish/orange to me. And indeed, casual forensic analysis suggests that the hue used for hair in that panel is generally between 43 and 49 out of 255 (yellowish), whereas the weasely bit ranges in the 30-40 range (browish). And with lower saturation as well: 17-45, as opposed to generally 50-70 for hair. Definitely being obsessive now. In any case, as revealed in Friday's comic, there should have been a hat there. Perhaps it's a coloring mistake.

                    The weasel is revealed!

                  • vortexcat
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 16, 2013
                      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joleen White <joleenwhite@...> wrote:

                      > On Aug 9, 2013, at 9:24 PM, quasar973 <quasar973@...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, William Ansley <williamansley@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > I agree. I see no sign of a weasel on her head the page for Wednesday,
                      > > > August 7, just hair.
                      > >
                      > >Definitely being obsessive now. In any case, as revealed in Friday's comic, there should have been a hat there. Perhaps it's a coloring mistake.
                      > >

                      > The weasel is revealed!

                      Yay! Under the nice warm hat.