Re: Thank goodness!

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM, jsheikg <jsheikg@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > > I've noticed a disturbing lack of X's in the comic lately. Hopefully after today's page we won't have to worry about that anymore.
      > >
      > > Sorry, I didn't catch the reference.
      >
      > The name of the person with whom Tweedle is speaking in the last two
      > panels has two X's in it.

      Also, in hind sight, not a very funny joke. I'll try harder next time.

      -Steve
    • Beth
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." <rewastev@...> wrote:

        > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly@> wrote:

        > > > Sorry, I didn't catch the reference.
        > >
        > > The name of the person with whom Tweedle is speaking in the last two
        > > panels has two X's in it.

        I'm thinking we've run into another incarnation of Lu here.
      • Martin J Hooper
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
          On 02/07/2013 03:54 PM, Beth wrote:

          > I'm thinking we've run into another incarnation of Lu here.

          I thought the same thing as soon as I saw her... I think its her
          face and what she is wearing that make me think that...

          We shall see... We shall see.... Hope it isn't though!
        • Trouble Sturm
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
            a former GeisterDame perhaps?

            --
            rh
            Trouble

            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
              I'm thinking we've run into another incarnation of Lu here.

              Lu? Who is Lu?

            • deansurkin
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Trey <treydaddy@...> wrote:

                > I'm thinking we've run into another incarnation of Lu here.
                >
                > Lu? Who is Lu?

                Lucrezia Mongfish. Considering her reference to working on the harmonics in her evil laugh, coupled with the fact that Lucrezia was known for having a distinctive, commanding voice, it is possible. But I think it's more likely she's a Lucrezia wanna-be.

                --Dean L. Surkin
              • Mary Lumsden
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
                  Crazy thought - what if she s a failed attempt at a Lu download?
                  Remember Tarvek's father tried it on alot of young female sparkes?

                  Maybe it didnt kill all of them.

                • Martin J Hooper
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 3, 2013
                    On 02/07/2013 11:55 PM, Mary Lumsden wrote:
                    > Crazy thought - what if she s a failed attempt at a Lu download?
                    > Remember Tarvek's father tried it on alot of young female sparkes?
                    >
                    > Maybe it didnt kill all of them.

                    Could be - although we don't know if she is a sprk just yet do we?
                  • jsheikg
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 3, 2013
                      > > Crazy thought - what if she s a failed attempt at a Lu download?
                      > > Remember Tarvek's father tried it on alot of young female sparkes?
                      > >
                      > > Maybe it didnt kill all of them.
                      > >

                      > Could be - although we don't know if she is a sprk just yet do we?

                      True, and that may have saved her from Anevka's fate, although obviously she shares many other family traits.
                      Then again, she may be so devious, or Grandmamma so powerful, that her spark was somehow hidden from Aaronev.
                    • Ian Kelly
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 3, 2013
                        On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM, jsheikg <jsheikg@...> wrote:

                        > > > Crazy thought - what if she s a failed attempt at a Lu download?
                        > > > Remember Tarvek's father tried it on alot of young female sparkes?
                        > > >
                        > > > Maybe it didnt kill all of them.
                        > > >

                        > > Could be - although we don't know if she is a sprk just yet do we?
                        > >

                        > True, and that may have saved her from Anevka's fate, although obviously she shares many other family traits.
                        > Then again, she may be so devious, or Grandmamma so powerful, that her spark was somehow hidden from Aaronev.

                        Or he just never had the opportunity to try it on his niece as he did
                        his daughter.