Thank goodness!

    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
      I've noticed a disturbing lack of X's in the comic lately. Hopefully after today's page we won't have to worry about that anymore.

      -Steve
    • jsheikg
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
        > I've noticed a disturbing lack of X's in the comic lately. Hopefully after today's page we won't have to worry about that anymore.

        Sorry, I didn't catch the reference.
      • Ian Kelly
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 28, 2013
          On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM, jsheikg <jsheikg@...> wrote:

          > > I've noticed a disturbing lack of X's in the comic lately. Hopefully after today's page we won't have to worry about that anymore.
          >
          > Sorry, I didn't catch the reference.

          The name of the person with whom Tweedle is speaking in the last two
          panels has two X's in it.
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 1, 2013
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly@...> wrote:

            > On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 2:47 PM, jsheikg <jsheikg@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > > I've noticed a disturbing lack of X's in the comic lately. Hopefully after today's page we won't have to worry about that anymore.
            > >
            > > Sorry, I didn't catch the reference.
            >
            > The name of the person with whom Tweedle is speaking in the last two
            > panels has two X's in it.

            Also, in hind sight, not a very funny joke. I'll try harder next time.

            -Steve
          • Beth
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." <rewastev@...> wrote:

              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly@> wrote:

              > > > Sorry, I didn't catch the reference.
              > >
              > > The name of the person with whom Tweedle is speaking in the last two
              > > panels has two X's in it.

              I'm thinking we've run into another incarnation of Lu here.
            • Martin J Hooper
              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
                On 02/07/2013 03:54 PM, Beth wrote:

                > I'm thinking we've run into another incarnation of Lu here.

                I thought the same thing as soon as I saw her... I think its her
                face and what she is wearing that make me think that...

                We shall see... We shall see.... Hope it isn't though!
              • Trouble Sturm
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
                  a former GeisterDame perhaps?

                  --
                  rh
                  Trouble

                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
                    I'm thinking we've run into another incarnation of Lu here.

                    Lu? Who is Lu?

                  • deansurkin
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
                      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Trey <treydaddy@...> wrote:

                      > I'm thinking we've run into another incarnation of Lu here.
                      >
                      > Lu? Who is Lu?

                      Lucrezia Mongfish. Considering her reference to working on the harmonics in her evil laugh, coupled with the fact that Lucrezia was known for having a distinctive, commanding voice, it is possible. But I think it's more likely she's a Lucrezia wanna-be.

                      --Dean L. Surkin
                    • Mary Lumsden
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jul 2, 2013
                        Crazy thought - what if she s a failed attempt at a Lu download?
                        Remember Tarvek's father tried it on alot of young female sparkes?

                        Maybe it didnt kill all of them.

                      • Martin J Hooper
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jul 3, 2013
                          On 02/07/2013 11:55 PM, Mary Lumsden wrote:
                          > Crazy thought - what if she s a failed attempt at a Lu download?
                          > Remember Tarvek's father tried it on alot of young female sparkes?
                          >
                          > Maybe it didnt kill all of them.

                          Could be - although we don't know if she is a sprk just yet do we?
                        • jsheikg
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 3, 2013
                            > > Crazy thought - what if she s a failed attempt at a Lu download?
                            > > Remember Tarvek's father tried it on alot of young female sparkes?
                            > >
                            > > Maybe it didnt kill all of them.
                            > >

                            > Could be - although we don't know if she is a sprk just yet do we?

                            True, and that may have saved her from Anevka's fate, although obviously she shares many other family traits.
                            Then again, she may be so devious, or Grandmamma so powerful, that her spark was somehow hidden from Aaronev.
                          • Ian Kelly
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 3, 2013
                              On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:23 PM, jsheikg <jsheikg@...> wrote:

                              > > > Crazy thought - what if she s a failed attempt at a Lu download?
                              > > > Remember Tarvek's father tried it on alot of young female sparkes?
                              > > >
                              > > > Maybe it didnt kill all of them.
                              > > >

                              > > Could be - although we don't know if she is a sprk just yet do we?
                              > >

                              > True, and that may have saved her from Anevka's fate, although obviously she shares many other family traits.
                              > Then again, she may be so devious, or Grandmamma so powerful, that her spark was somehow hidden from Aaronev.

                              Or he just never had the opportunity to try it on his niece as he did
                              his daughter.