Re: [Girl Genius] Okay, calling all super-memory types...

  • David Goldfarb
    Message 1 of 12 , May 10 11:11 PM
      On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 10:24 PM, tom_brosz <tbrosz@...> wrote:
      > Is this place somewhere totally new, or is this guy whose getting his lunch
      > interrupted somebody who's been in the comic before?

      I certainly don't recall seeing either him or it before.

      David Goldfarb
    • Beth
      Message 2 of 12 , May 13 5:49 AM
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "tom_brosz" <tbrosz@...> wrote:

        > Is this place somewhere totally new, or is this guy whose getting his lunch interrupted somebody who's been in the comic before?

        My first thought was "Barry, you've lost weight!" lol.
      • Joleen White
        Message 3 of 12 , May 13 6:31 AM
          With the dialogue today, I fear that this person is aligned with Tweedle and no good will come of it.

          Message 4 of 12 , May 14 6:01 AM
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joleen White <joleenwhite@...> wrote:

            > With the dialogue today, I fear that this person is aligned with Tweedle and no good will come of it.

            Yeah, the dialogue pretty much knocks out Barry. This is why I'm not writing for the Foglios.
          • Joleen White
            Message 5 of 12 , May 14 4:00 PM
              I did notice that Violet has mysteriously disappeared. Where is that wiley smoke knight and what is she up to?

              On May 14, 2013, at 9:01 AM, Beth <klamerus219@...> wrote:

              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joleen White <joleenwhite@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > With the dialogue today, I fear that this person is aligned with Tweedle and no good will come of it.
              > >

              > Yeah, the dialogue pretty much knocks out Barry. This is why I'm not writing for the Foglios.

            • Joseph H
              Message 6 of 12 , May 14 8:37 PM
                I can only say for certain where they are.

                Sturmhalten.
              • kventin
                Message 7 of 12 , May 15 5:54 AM
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph H" <jwhouk@...> wrote:

                  > I can only say for certain where they are.

                  more to the point: WHEN is it (and i don't mean "look at the clock" time. calendar could be more useful).

                  DuPree's vision were supposedly from future?
                  didn't they go with similar special effects?
                • mrobinson52
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 15 7:34 AM
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joleen White <joleenwhite@...> wrote:

                    > I did notice that Violet has mysteriously disappeared. Where is that wiley smoke knight and what is she up to?

                    I hope she is doing something stealthy! I was very surprised that with that wide angle shot of them fleeing the explosion there was no sign of her. If the below suggestion is that they are at Sturmhalten,then she might have recognized it and realized that she needs to duck away so that she can prepare to help Agatha escape!

                    Mary
                  • quasar973
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 15 1:42 PM
                      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph H" <jwhouk@...> wrote:

                      > I can only say for certain where they are.
                      >
                      > Sturmhalten.

                      I'm not so sure. Sturmhalten belongs to Tarvek's father's family. Tweedle is apparently on the Storm King/Valois side, which is his mother's side. Although Tarvek's dad headed the Knights of Jove, it was never quite clear to me whether he was in on the secret of his son's royal lineage. Tarvek seemed to imply that this secret was closely guarded, even from his own family, by which I assume he meant the Sturmhaltens and not the Valois. The nature of the whole relationship between the Sturmhaltens and the Valois, with their respective Knights of Jove and Smoke Knights, is still a mystery to me; I hope more will be revealed soon! -- Quasar
                    • Eric Oppen
                      Message 10 of 12 , May 15 1:49 PM
                        Quoting mrobinson52 <mrobinson52@...>:

                        > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joleen White <joleenwhite@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> I did notice that Violet has mysteriously disappeared. Where is
                        >> that wiley smoke knight and what is she up to?
                        >>
                        > I hope she is doing something stealthy! I was very surprised that
                        > with that wide angle shot of them fleeing the explosion there was no
                        > sign of her. If the below suggestion is that they are at
                        > Sturmhalten,then she might have recognized it and realized that she
                        > needs to duck away so that she can prepare to help Agatha escape!

                        Considering that this comic is run by Rule of Funny, she might be off
                        with the Jagers:

                        "Go ahead, Maxim! Do your worst! I can take it! Oooh, do it again!
                        And again! So this is why Mama always said Jagers did it better!"

                        And then Agatha busts in:

                        "MAXIM! WHAT are you doing with that WOMAN?"

                        "Oh, hi, mistress. I vaz...vaz performink cardio-preliminary
                        resoositation on her! Ya! Dat's da ticket!"

                      • kventinio
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jun 17, 2013
                          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "kventin" <brano.tichy@...> wrote:

                          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph H" <jwhouk@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > I can only say for certain where they are.
                          > >

                          > more to the point: WHEN is it (and i don't mean "look at the clock" time. calendar could be more useful).
                          >
                          > DuPree's vision were supposedly from future?
                          > didn't they go with similar special effects?

                          well done, me. i hereby award myself a cookie. here, have a (trilo)bite.