Re: [Girl Genius] Tweedle...

  • Joy Beeson
    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2013
      On 4/29/13 6:15 PM, Ian Kelly wrote:

      > ...is basically the male version of Pinky, isn't he?

      I'm sure that they went to the same school.

      --
      Joy Beeson
      http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
      Message 2 of 10 , May 3, 2013
        I wonder if this is a plot correction, rather than a plot twist. Maybe in the original story outline, Tarvek was intended to be much more villainous, deceitful, and dangerous to Agatha than he turned out to be. Indeed, the character, while always retaining his trademark ambiguity, has turned out to be quite likeable and helpful, and quite plausibly loyal or at least attached to Agatha. But what if the plot requires a dangerous, machinating, menacing Storm King? Tarvek out, Tweedle in, plot problem solved!

        I hope not, because I actually grew to like the Tarvek character. His personal journey is rather more interesting than that of most other characters, who seem much more static and resolved. Although he has been known to be scheming and dishonest, it has always been an interesting question whether he will be able to rise above all that or not. Also, the aspect where his family continuously underestimates him has been an interesting aspect to his personality. It would be a shame to never find out.
        Message 3 of 10 , May 6, 2013
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "quasar973" <quasar973@...> wrote:

          > I wonder if this is a plot correction, rather than a plot twist. Maybe in the original story outline, Tarvek was intended to be much more villainous, deceitful, and dangerous to Agatha than he turned out to be.

          I thought the Foglios expressed somewhere that Gil was originally supposed to be a lot more evil than he turned out to be. I always wondered if Tarvek was added to make up for that change in Gil's character. It's funny that people are starting to think the same things about Tarvek.

          Now that the "Love Triangle" has been established maybe they felt like it stretches the imagination too much that Agatha could be attracted to someone so thoroughly unlikable and felt the need to reform Tarvek.

          -Steve
        • Mary Lumsden
          Message 4 of 10 , May 6, 2013
            On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Steven Paul Rewa, M.S.
            <rewastev@...>wrote:

            > **
            > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "quasar973" <quasar973@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I wonder if this is a plot correction, rather than a plot twist. Maybe
            > in the original story outline, Tarvek was intended to be much more
            > villainous, deceitful, and dangerous to Agatha than he turned out to be.
            > >
            > I thought the Foglios expressed somewhere that Gil was originally supposed
            > to be a lot more evil than he turned out to be. I always wondered if Tarvek
            > was added to make up for that change in Gil's character. It's funny that
            > people are starting to think the same things about Tarvek.
            >
            > Now that the "Love Triangle" has been established maybe they felt like it
            > stretches the imagination too much that Agatha could be attracted to
            > someone so thoroughly unlikable and felt the need to reform Tarvek.
            >
            > -Steve

            Naw.. Tarvek was originally just a temp character. But the Prof's
            especially Kaja really like writing his bits and pieces -hence him still
            being around.

            Dr. Teran Humor (who found this out at World Steam Expo a couple years ago)