Re: [Girl Genius] Not necessarily a Big Red Button

  • Rose Marie Mack
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2013
      Or a dead-man switch.

      Rose Marie
      There is an important sense in which government is distinctive from administration. One is perpetual, the other is temporary and changeable. A man may be loyal to his government and yet oppose the particular principles and methods of administration. Abraham Lincoln, Congressional Record, April 15, 1942, 16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

      >________________________________

    • Mary Lumsden
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2013

        Countdown.

        Oh nicely done Klaus.
        From his point of view, he is doing the Hero sacrifice gambit.

        1. To him he sees Agatha as Luc as the Other = THREAT to the Empire.
        2. He's compromised thanks to that Wasp.
        3. He has taken pains to ensure that his son is in control for succession
        AND get his ppl to follow it.
        4. Tarvek and other trouble makers are all there in Mechaniscburg.

        So he comes down and either destroy all threats or gets a quick talking to
        Before hand.

        Guessing its not the 5 minutes. 5 seconds would be a bit brief.. but dunno.

        Only thing Im wondering is - what plans / methods did he implement
        regarding the mechanical Ana-Luc.?

        Dr. Ter'an Humor

        > .

      • Donald Brown
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2013
          On May 1, 2013, at 1:15 PM, Mary Lumsden <mtlumsden@...> wrote:

          > Countdown.
          >
          > Oh nicely done Klaus.
          > From his point of view, he is doing the Hero sacrifice gambit.
          >
          > 1. To him he sees Agatha as Luc as the Other = THREAT to the Empire.
          > 2. He's compromised thanks to that Wasp.
          > 3. He has taken pains to ensure that his son is in control for succession
          > AND get his ppl to follow it.
          > 4. Tarvek and other trouble makers are all there in Mechaniscburg.

          I think he may be there for help, the bomb and such was to get "permission" for Anevka/Lucrezia to come.

          He knows a lot. He has heard from Boris pretty much the full story - that Agatha wasn't Lucrezia to start with, and that Lucrezia was downloaded into her. Looking back on the fight outside Sturmhalten, he would see the difference once the locket was put on - and he was seen fiddling with the locket so he may know what it does, may even have modified it a bit. He presumably got access to Tarvek's notebook and knows that Tarvek has a cure for the wasp, or at least a protection.

          I don't think it's a coincidence that Klaus is in the best place and best company to have his wasp problem solved.

          > So he comes down and either destroy all threats or gets a quick talking to
          > Before hand.
          >
          > Guessing its not the 5 minutes. 5 seconds would be a bit brief.. but dunno.
          >
          > Only thing Im wondering is - what plans / methods did he implement
          > regarding the mechanical Ana-Luc.?
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2013
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Donald Brown <gadgetdon@...> wrote:

            > I think he may be there for help, the bomb and such was to get "permission" for Anevka/Lucrezia to come.
            >
            > On May 1, 2013, at 1:15 PM, Mary Lumsden <mtlumsden@...> wrote:
            >

            > > Only thing Im wondering is - what plans / methods did he implement
            > > regarding the mechanical Ana-Luc.?

            Perhaps the Big Red Button IS a destruct button. Remotely. Where Ane/Luc is.
          • David Goldfarb
            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2013

              Message 6 of 7 , May 1, 2013
                Argh. Sorry for the misclick.

                On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 9:16 PM, Dave <mac_lyr@...> wrote:

                > Perhaps the Big Red Button IS a destruct button. Remotely. Where Ane/Luc is.

                I suspect it's a destruct button...for the vehicle he arrived in.
                He's trying to get out from under Lunevka's thumb, and now that he's
                in Mechanicsburg (where Lunevka won't want to go) he doesn't need to
                get out.

                David Goldfarb