Re: [Girl Genius] Re: Tweedle...

  • David Goldfarb
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29, 2013
      On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM, tom_brosz <tbrosz@...> wrote:

      > He's certainly smart enough to attack Agatha in one of the few areas of Mechanicsburg that's Castle-proof.

      Except that the Cathedral has its own systems. And they've just been
      told who Agatha is. I suspect we're going to see them in action
      pretty soon.

      David Goldfarb
    • queen_librarian
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...> wrote:

        > On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM, tom_brosz <tbrosz@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > He's certainly smart enough to attack Agatha in one of the few areas of Mechanicsburg that's Castle-proof.
        >
        > Except that the Cathedral has its own systems. And they've just been
        > told who Agatha is. I suspect we're going to see them in action
        > pretty soon.
        >
        > David Goldfarb

        Assuming Agatha doesn't take care of matters herself first!
      • Ian Kelly
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
          On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM, David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...>wrote:

          > **
          > Except that the Cathedral has its own systems. And they've just been
          > told who Agatha is. I suspect we're going to see them in action
          > pretty soon.

          Being friends with the abbess, I imagine Tweedle knows what to expect from
          the Cathedral, much as Pinky did with the Castle.

        • Mary Lumsden
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30, 2013
            there is Agatha,
            there are the other guardians.
            there is Agatha's crew.
            there is a certain Storm knight would could just save him. (heck she got
            him out of the hospital kept him on his feet)
            but right know my thoughts are WWWWD?
            What would Wasp-weasels do?

            X) I want smackdown and Tweedle's death.

            On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM, David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...
            > >wrote:
            >
            > > **
            >
            > > Except that the Cathedral has its own systems. And they've just been
            > > told who Agatha is. I suspect we're going to see them in action
            > > pretty soon.
            > >

            > Being friends with the abbess, I imagine Tweedle knows what to expect from
            > the Cathedral, much as Pinky did with the Castle.

          • Joy Beeson
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2 6:20 PM
              On 4/29/13 6:15 PM, Ian Kelly wrote:

              > ...is basically the male version of Pinky, isn't he?

              I'm sure that they went to the same school.

              --
              Joy Beeson
              http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
              Message 6 of 10 , May 3 7:15 AM
                I wonder if this is a plot correction, rather than a plot twist. Maybe in the original story outline, Tarvek was intended to be much more villainous, deceitful, and dangerous to Agatha than he turned out to be. Indeed, the character, while always retaining his trademark ambiguity, has turned out to be quite likeable and helpful, and quite plausibly loyal or at least attached to Agatha. But what if the plot requires a dangerous, machinating, menacing Storm King? Tarvek out, Tweedle in, plot problem solved!

                I hope not, because I actually grew to like the Tarvek character. His personal journey is rather more interesting than that of most other characters, who seem much more static and resolved. Although he has been known to be scheming and dishonest, it has always been an interesting question whether he will be able to rise above all that or not. Also, the aspect where his family continuously underestimates him has been an interesting aspect to his personality. It would be a shame to never find out.
                Message 7 of 10 , May 6 5:01 AM
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "quasar973" <quasar973@...> wrote:

                  > I wonder if this is a plot correction, rather than a plot twist. Maybe in the original story outline, Tarvek was intended to be much more villainous, deceitful, and dangerous to Agatha than he turned out to be.

                  I thought the Foglios expressed somewhere that Gil was originally supposed to be a lot more evil than he turned out to be. I always wondered if Tarvek was added to make up for that change in Gil's character. It's funny that people are starting to think the same things about Tarvek.

                  Now that the "Love Triangle" has been established maybe they felt like it stretches the imagination too much that Agatha could be attracted to someone so thoroughly unlikable and felt the need to reform Tarvek.

                  -Steve
                • Mary Lumsden
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 6 9:48 AM
                    On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Steven Paul Rewa, M.S.
                    <rewastev@...>wrote:

                    > **
                    > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "quasar973" <quasar973@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > I wonder if this is a plot correction, rather than a plot twist. Maybe
                    > in the original story outline, Tarvek was intended to be much more
                    > villainous, deceitful, and dangerous to Agatha than he turned out to be.
                    > >
                    > I thought the Foglios expressed somewhere that Gil was originally supposed
                    > to be a lot more evil than he turned out to be. I always wondered if Tarvek
                    > was added to make up for that change in Gil's character. It's funny that
                    > people are starting to think the same things about Tarvek.
                    >
                    > Now that the "Love Triangle" has been established maybe they felt like it
                    > stretches the imagination too much that Agatha could be attracted to
                    > someone so thoroughly unlikable and felt the need to reform Tarvek.
                    >
                    > -Steve

                    Naw.. Tarvek was originally just a temp character. But the Prof's
                    especially Kaja really like writing his bits and pieces -hence him still
                    being around.

                    Dr. Teran Humor (who found this out at World Steam Expo a couple years ago)