Tweedle...

  • Ian Kelly
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 29 2:15 PM
      ...is basically the male version of Pinky, isn't he?
    • tom_brosz
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 29 4:42 PM
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly@...> wrote:

        > ...is basically the male version of Pinky, isn't he?

        He's certainly smart enough to attack Agatha in one of the few areas of Mechanicsburg that's Castle-proof.
      • David Goldfarb
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 29 6:02 PM
          On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM, tom_brosz <tbrosz@...> wrote:

          > He's certainly smart enough to attack Agatha in one of the few areas of Mechanicsburg that's Castle-proof.

          Except that the Cathedral has its own systems. And they've just been
          told who Agatha is. I suspect we're going to see them in action
          pretty soon.

          David Goldfarb
        • queen_librarian
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 30 1:32 PM
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...> wrote:

            > On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 6:42 PM, tom_brosz <tbrosz@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > He's certainly smart enough to attack Agatha in one of the few areas of Mechanicsburg that's Castle-proof.
            >
            > Except that the Cathedral has its own systems. And they've just been
            > told who Agatha is. I suspect we're going to see them in action
            > pretty soon.
            >
            > David Goldfarb

            Assuming Agatha doesn't take care of matters herself first!
          • Ian Kelly
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 30 1:36 PM
              On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM, David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...>wrote:

              > **
              > Except that the Cathedral has its own systems. And they've just been
              > told who Agatha is. I suspect we're going to see them in action
              > pretty soon.

              Being friends with the abbess, I imagine Tweedle knows what to expect from
              the Cathedral, much as Pinky did with the Castle.

            • Mary Lumsden
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 30 2:28 PM
                there is Agatha,
                there are the other guardians.
                there is Agatha's crew.
                there is a certain Storm knight would could just save him. (heck she got
                him out of the hospital kept him on his feet)
                but right know my thoughts are WWWWD?
                What would Wasp-weasels do?

                X) I want smackdown and Tweedle's death.

                On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 4:36 PM, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly@...> wrote:

                > **
                >

                > On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM, David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...
                > >wrote:
                >
                > > **
                >
                > > Except that the Cathedral has its own systems. And they've just been
                > > told who Agatha is. I suspect we're going to see them in action
                > > pretty soon.
                > >

                > Being friends with the abbess, I imagine Tweedle knows what to expect from
                > the Cathedral, much as Pinky did with the Castle.

              • Joy Beeson
                Message 7 of 10 , May 2, 2013
                  On 4/29/13 6:15 PM, Ian Kelly wrote:

                  > ...is basically the male version of Pinky, isn't he?

                  I'm sure that they went to the same school.

                  --
                  Joy Beeson
                  http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
                  Message 8 of 10 , May 3, 2013
                    I wonder if this is a plot correction, rather than a plot twist. Maybe in the original story outline, Tarvek was intended to be much more villainous, deceitful, and dangerous to Agatha than he turned out to be. Indeed, the character, while always retaining his trademark ambiguity, has turned out to be quite likeable and helpful, and quite plausibly loyal or at least attached to Agatha. But what if the plot requires a dangerous, machinating, menacing Storm King? Tarvek out, Tweedle in, plot problem solved!

                    I hope not, because I actually grew to like the Tarvek character. His personal journey is rather more interesting than that of most other characters, who seem much more static and resolved. Although he has been known to be scheming and dishonest, it has always been an interesting question whether he will be able to rise above all that or not. Also, the aspect where his family continuously underestimates him has been an interesting aspect to his personality. It would be a shame to never find out.
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 6, 2013
                      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "quasar973" <quasar973@...> wrote:

                      > I wonder if this is a plot correction, rather than a plot twist. Maybe in the original story outline, Tarvek was intended to be much more villainous, deceitful, and dangerous to Agatha than he turned out to be.

                      I thought the Foglios expressed somewhere that Gil was originally supposed to be a lot more evil than he turned out to be. I always wondered if Tarvek was added to make up for that change in Gil's character. It's funny that people are starting to think the same things about Tarvek.

                      Now that the "Love Triangle" has been established maybe they felt like it stretches the imagination too much that Agatha could be attracted to someone so thoroughly unlikable and felt the need to reform Tarvek.

                      -Steve
                    • Mary Lumsden
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 6, 2013
                        On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Steven Paul Rewa, M.S.
                        <rewastev@...>wrote:

                        > **
                        > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "quasar973" <quasar973@...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > I wonder if this is a plot correction, rather than a plot twist. Maybe
                        > in the original story outline, Tarvek was intended to be much more
                        > villainous, deceitful, and dangerous to Agatha than he turned out to be.
                        > >
                        > I thought the Foglios expressed somewhere that Gil was originally supposed
                        > to be a lot more evil than he turned out to be. I always wondered if Tarvek
                        > was added to make up for that change in Gil's character. It's funny that
                        > people are starting to think the same things about Tarvek.
                        >
                        > Now that the "Love Triangle" has been established maybe they felt like it
                        > stretches the imagination too much that Agatha could be attracted to
                        > someone so thoroughly unlikable and felt the need to reform Tarvek.
                        >
                        > -Steve

                        Naw.. Tarvek was originally just a temp character. But the Prof's
                        especially Kaja really like writing his bits and pieces -hence him still
                        being around.

                        Dr. Teran Humor (who found this out at World Steam Expo a couple years ago)