Re: [Girl Genius] Friday's Page

  • David Goldfarb
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
      > Todays page about Worldcon 2013.
      > Its ok, them not being in the running for best graphic story, this year.
      >
      > Just so long as I get to vote for the Professors at LonCon 3, next year.
      >
      > Otherwise Igor gets to test my newly improved, giant mutant flesh eating girbils.

      Well, if you're a member of LonCon 3, you can nominate them.

      As for voting for them: word is that Neil Gaiman and J.H. Williams
      III are doing a new _Sandman_ miniseries this year (it's _Sandman_'s
      25th anniversary). The only thing I see stopping that from winning at
      LonCon is its not being complete in calendar year 2013 (and thus being
      ineligible).

      David Goldfarb
    • ravyng
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...> wrote:

        > As for voting for them: word is that Neil Gaiman and J.H. Williams
        > III are doing a new _Sandman_ miniseries this year (it's _Sandman_'s
        > 25th anniversary). The only thing I see stopping that from winning at
        > LonCon is its not being complete in calendar year 2013 (and thus being
        > ineligible).

        I'm looking forward to a new Sandman story as much as anybody else, but isn't it a bit premature to declare them the winners if the story hasn't even been written yet? :D

        Yngvar
      • tom_brosz
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
          Buy the Saga trade paperback #1. Don't ask questions, just do it.
        • David Goldfarb
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
            On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM, tom_brosz <tbrosz@...> wrote:

            > Buy the Saga trade paperback #1. Don't ask questions, just do it.

            Well, I'm hoping that I'll get it as part of the Hugo Nominees Bundle.

            David Goldfarb