Friday's Page

  • Steven
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
      No spoilers needed.

      Todays page about Worldcon 2013.
      Its ok, them not being in the running for best graphic story, this year.

      Just so long as I get to vote for the Professors at LonCon 3, next year.

      Otherwise Igor gets to test my newly improved, giant mutant flesh eating girbils.
    • David Goldfarb
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
        > Todays page about Worldcon 2013.
        > Its ok, them not being in the running for best graphic story, this year.
        >
        > Just so long as I get to vote for the Professors at LonCon 3, next year.
        >
        > Otherwise Igor gets to test my newly improved, giant mutant flesh eating girbils.

        Well, if you're a member of LonCon 3, you can nominate them.

        As for voting for them: word is that Neil Gaiman and J.H. Williams
        III are doing a new _Sandman_ miniseries this year (it's _Sandman_'s
        25th anniversary). The only thing I see stopping that from winning at
        LonCon is its not being complete in calendar year 2013 (and thus being
        ineligible).

        David Goldfarb
      • ravyng
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...> wrote:

          > As for voting for them: word is that Neil Gaiman and J.H. Williams
          > III are doing a new _Sandman_ miniseries this year (it's _Sandman_'s
          > 25th anniversary). The only thing I see stopping that from winning at
          > LonCon is its not being complete in calendar year 2013 (and thus being
          > ineligible).

          I'm looking forward to a new Sandman story as much as anybody else, but isn't it a bit premature to declare them the winners if the story hasn't even been written yet? :D

          Yngvar
        • tom_brosz
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
            Buy the Saga trade paperback #1. Don't ask questions, just do it.
          • David Goldfarb
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 19, 2013
              On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 2:50 PM, tom_brosz <tbrosz@...> wrote:

              > Buy the Saga trade paperback #1. Don't ask questions, just do it.

              Well, I'm hoping that I'll get it as part of the Hugo Nominees Bundle.

              David Goldfarb