Re: [Girl Genius] Weasles & Angela

  • Donald Brown
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
      On Apr 4, 2013, at 10:26 PM, Joy Beeson <joybeeson@...> wrote:

      > On 4/4/13 9:43 PM, werewolfbynight13@... wrote:
      >
      >> Because having the Other crammed into your skull is
      >> completely different from being wasped. Presumably, the
      >> wasp residue in the body leaves a lingering trace odor in
      >> the body that the weasels can smell. Agatha’s current
      >> predicament is more in the line of an energy transfer.
      >> So, maybe there would be a lingering aroma of ozone for a
      >> while, but that is completely different from wasp
      >> residue. So, nothing for the weasel to react to.
      >
      > The weasels *did* react when Lu was in charge. The weasel
      > handlers attributed the reaction to some revenants that
      > appeared just in time to cover for her. This was, I
      > believe, a few pages before Lu wasped Klaus, then put on the
      > necklace he gave her and let Agatha out.

      The only weasel reaction I recall was when Agatha accidentally activated the spark wasp sphere. Lu wasn't in charge at the time.
    • ravyng
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joy Beeson <joybeeson@...> wrote:

        > The weasels *did* react when Lu was in charge. The weasel
        > handlers attributed the reaction to some revenants that
        > appeared just in time to cover for her. This was, I
        > believe, a few pages before Lu wasped Klaus, then put on the
        > necklace he gave her and let Agatha out.

        Well, you answered your own question there. She was carrying the wasp that she used on Klaus a few pages later, and that's what the weasels were reacting to.

        It was said when they were introduced, that the weasels were specifically bred to catch wasps. That they also detected infection was a happy accident. It seems unlikely, then, that they would react to something like Agatha's possession, where no wasp was involved.

        Yngvar
      • Joy Beeson
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4, 2013

          --