Title of volume 12: Agatha Heterodyne and the Seige of Mechanicsburg

  • William Ansley
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2013
      According to a recent post by Phil Foglio, the official title of Girl
      Genius Volume 12 is *Agatha Heterodyne and the Seige of Mechanicsburg*.
      This was posted to the relatively new WordPress powered web site on which
      the Foglios are now posting all their blog entries and news items, Girl
      Genius Adventures:

      http://girlgeniusadventures.com/2013/03/09/645/

      The Foglios have also put Girl Genius back in contention for the Best
      Graphic Novel Hugo Award, so we'll have to see if they can win again.

      --
      William Ansley

    • bjherbison
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 11, 2013
        Seige or Siege? Phil wrote Seige. Seige is listed as an old form in the Oxford English Dictionary, but the most recent example use I can find is 1549, the quotes from 1506 on use siege.

        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, William Ansley <williamansley@...> wrote:

        > According to a recent post by Phil Foglio, the official title of Girl
        > Genius Volume 12 is *Agatha Heterodyne and the Seige of Mechanicsburg*.
        > This was posted to the relatively new WordPress powered web site on which
        > the Foglios are now posting all their blog entries and news items, Girl
        > Genius Adventures:
        >
        > http://girlgeniusadventures.com/2013/03/09/645/
        >
        > The Foglios have also put Girl Genius back in contention for the Best
        > Graphic Novel Hugo Award, so we'll have to see if they can win again.
        >
        > --
        > William Ansley

      • William Ansley
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 11, 2013
          I'm sure it should be "Siege." Phil's spelling apparently isn't his
          strongest suit (see razzberry), or it's just a simple typo. I just copied
          and pasted it from his blog entry and, for some reason, my spell checker
          didn't go off.

          --
          William Ansley