Re: [Girl Genius] Re: 20130308 possibilities

  • Donald Brown
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 8, 2013
      On Mar 8, 2013, at 6:21 PM, tom_brosz <tbrosz@...> wrote:

      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Are you suggesting that Klaus has subjected himself to some other form of
      >> mind control in order to counteract Lucrezia's hold over him? How
      >> delightfully devious!
      >>

      > The possiblities are endless. The slaver wasps are engineered to infect normal biological entities. Klaus is obviously some form of construct, or at least has done some serious mods on himself. Who knows how many biological or neural safety precautions or bypasses he's included.

      Klaus was definitely infected at first (at the circus camp when Lucrezia/Agatha used the wasp on him). And if he'd managed to quickly undo it, he wouldn't have kept Lucrezia/Anevka around nor have to be circumspect about informing Gil that Klaus was under control. And if he'd been freed of control, given what he knows about Agatha's situation, I think he'd have taken at least a somewhat different approach.

      The problem is that we don't know how much of what he's doing/has done has been under control. Lucrezia may have known these other forms of mind control (would fit with her villainous history before marrying Bill) and may have ordered Klaus to enslave him. With Klaus's powerful mind, he may have found a way around it.

      Or… he may have somehow controlled Anevka. (We do know that at least the body had been controllable through verbal commands, with Tarvek speaking, perhaps he managed to hijack it?)

      Yes, this may mean all, nothing, or anything. How delightful.
    • Joseph H
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 10, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly@...> wrote:

        > Are you suggesting that Klaus has subjected himself to some other form of
        > mind control in order to counteract Lucrezia's hold over him? How
        > delightfully devious!

        Either that or Klaus figure out what Barry put in that locket...
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 12, 2013
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "tom_brosz" <tbrosz@...> wrote:
          > The possiblities are endless. The slaver wasps are engineered to infect normal biological entities. Klaus is obviously some form of construct, or at least has done some serious mods on himself. Who knows how many biological or neural safety precautions or bypasses he's included.

          The other thing we need to remember is that as far as we know, this is the first spark wasp. It hasn't been tested and nobody really knows how well it works.

          -Steve
        • deansurkin
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 12, 2013
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." <rewastev@...> wrote:
            [snip]

            > The other thing we need to remember is that as far as we know, this is the first spark wasp. It hasn't been tested and nobody really knows how well it works.
            >
            > -Steve

            if it's the first spark wasp, then it's highly unlikely that Gil actually has been wasped.

            --Dean L. Surkin
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 13, 2013
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "deansurkin" <dsurkin@...> wrote:

              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." <rewastev@> wrote:
              > [snip]
              > >
              > > The other thing we need to remember is that as far as we know, this is the first spark wasp. It hasn't been tested and nobody really knows how well it works.
              > >
              > > -Steve
              > >
              > if it's the first spark wasp, then it's highly unlikely that Gil actually has been wasped.
              >
              > --Dean L. Surkin

              As far as we know, it's the ONLY spark wasp. I'm certain that Gil is not infected and this whole business is some sort of scam.

              -Steve
            • joleenwhite
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 13, 2013

                > As far as we know, it's the ONLY spark wasp. I'm certain that Gil is not infected and this whole business is some sort of scam.
                >
                > -Steve

                I thought that perhaps the Baron had pre-scented Gil. After all, he is wasped so should be detected. Or perhaps he squeezed the poor weasel.

                Joleen
              • lupaccio13
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 13, 2013
                  I thought that perhaps the Baron had pre-scented Gil. After all, he is wasped so should be detected. Or perhaps he squeezed the poor weasel.

                  Joleen

                  ******
                  OK, I’ll say it before somebody else does. In any other discussion group a comment like that could get you put on moderation. If Hovart were here (still MIA) he’d be Qvraaaaakking op!

                  Jack

                • joleenwhite
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 13, 2013
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, <werewolfbynight13@...> wrote:

                    > I thought that perhaps the Baron had pre-scented Gil. After all, he is wasped so should be detected. Or perhaps he squeezed the poor weasel.
                    >
                    > Joleen
                    >
                    > ******
                    > OK, I’ll say it before somebody else does. In any other discussion group a comment like that could get you put on moderation. If Hovart were here (still MIA) he’d be Qvraaaaakking op!
                    >
                    > Jack

                    I genuinely claim complete ignorance of the double entendre. I had to read my comment several times before I figured out what you meant. Oops.
                    Joleen