Re: [Girl Genius] Dr. Sun

  • Ian Kelly
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2013
      On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 12:22 AM, Abraham <abraham540@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I'm confused about Dr. Sun. He seemed to be working with Agatha here:
      >
      > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20120416
      >
      > I just assumed he switched over when the doom bell rang.
      >
      > But today and yesterday the Baron is taking him as a companion into the
      > city, as if he was out on one of the ships.
      >
      > Where exactly is Dr. Sun, and why do both sides of an active battle seem
      > to consider him an ally?
      >
      > Nice catch! It might be a mistake. Or perhaps Klaus incorrectly thinks
      that Sun was evacuated after the hospital was destroyed (an event which I
      would still like to know more about). Or maybe it's a subtle hint to his
      staff that Klaus is not in his right mind. That last seems especially
      possible after Wednesday's comic, where...

      SPOILER SPACE
      END SPOILER SPACE

      ...Klaus is now talking about leaving Gil in control of the Empire, after
      just recently having apparently demonstrated to everybody that Gil is under
      the control of the Other.

      As to why both sides consider him an ally -- on the one hand, he's a
      healer, not a combatant, and he resides in Mechanicsburg. On the other
      hand I recall that he is supposed to have traveled with the Heterodyne Boys
      and Klaus in his younger days, and it's clear that he and Klaus are good
      friends.

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Abraham" <abraham540@...> wrote:

        > I'm confused about Dr. Sun. He seemed to be working with Agatha here:
        >
        > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20120416
        >
        > I just assumed he switched over when the doom bell rang.
        >
        > But today and yesterday the Baron is taking him as a companion into the city, as if he was out on one of the ships.
        >
        > Where exactly is Dr. Sun, and why do both sides of an active battle seem to consider him an ally?

        At the point of the link you listed above, Wulfenbach and Mechanicsburg were on the same side against the unknown invaders, so he could be helping both. I think he's really not allied to anyone but would be cruel and unusual punishment to anybody who crossed him in town.