Re: Will Klaus go Nuclear?

  • jim_learned
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 4, 2013
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." > I think Klaus will definitely NOT go nuclear. After all, Othar is there to stop that.

      > -Steve

      ...But would he stop that? After all, a nuke would kill every spark in sight, including Othar himself!

      I'm still thinking that Klaus doesn't have total destruction in mind. He could have destroyed DK/Der Kestle from afar, without risking an invasion.

      -Jim
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 5, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jim_learned" <jlearned66@...> wrote:
        > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." > I think Klaus will definitely NOT go nuclear. After all, Othar is there to stop that.
        > >
        > > -Steve
        > >
        > ...But would he stop that? After all, a nuke would kill every spark in sight, including Othar himself!

        Sure he would. That's what he got sent back through time to do.

        > I'm still thinking that Klaus doesn't have total destruction in mind. He could have destroyed DK/Der Kestle from afar, without risking an invasion.
        >
        > -Jim

        We'll see.

        -Steve
      • Ian Kelly
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 5, 2013
          On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Steven Paul Rewa, M.S.
          <rewastev@...> wrote:
          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jim_learned" wrote:
          > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." > I think Klaus will definitely NOT go nuclear. After all, Othar is there to stop that.
          > > >
          > > > -Steve
          > > >
          > > ...But would he stop that? After all, a nuke would kill every spark in sight, including Othar himself!
          > >

          > Sure he would. That's what he got sent back through time to do.

          He would stop it because he is the Hero, and failing to stop it would
          not be very Heroic. Plus, his goal of killing all sparks requires
          that he kill himself *last* -- I rather doubt that every single spark
          in Europa is in Mechanicsburg right now (although it may be close).

          It's also worth pointing out that Othar's twitter sort of implies that
          the time window *requires* a nuclear power source, as the energy
          requirements are too high otherwise. Since we know that the time
          window is going to happen sooner or later, that would also suggest
          that somebody is going to have to come up with nuclear fission at some
          point.
        • Mark Siefert
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 5, 2013
            ...when did Gil escape? Did I miss something?

            Mark A. Siefert

          • Mark Siefert
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 5, 2013
              (Pages back a couple of months)

              Oooooh! Agatha told Franz to get Gil out of town. I misremembered and thought Franz was holding him somewhere.

              Nevermind. My bad!

              MAS