Re: [Girl Genius] The Battle of Mechanicsburg Phase III

  • Mary Lumsden
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
      Is it a lost or a tactical withdrawl?

      **You all might hate me, but I want to see another 2 weeks of actions of
      Der Kassel dealing with the various invaders
      Including all those coming from Stru., the released monsters doing their
      thing. "ALL OUT ATTACK - MECHANICSBURG MONSTERS, DESTROY ALL INVADING
      MONSTERS"
      though Id like to see more of the other ursupers getting soundly trounced
      too. Along with the scavengers who were hoping to loot the area.

      **Even more so if we could get some comments from the old folks as they are
      watching the action**

      ** I d also love to see the faces of the rest of the main party, W's team,
      Agatha herself, and the main villians reactions to Der Kastle.

      Part of me wonders if what the Engineers were repairing earlier on Der
      Kastles orders were the gates for the monsters

      It was commented before that all the wacky wannabe, rebellious elements,
      and petty dictators were all headed here.
      What happens to their lands before they are defeated?

      The Baron has troops in the area yes, but as we ve seen alot of those
      forces are the demented minor sparks that he s been holding in check- and
      now released.

      So all of those forces being defeated remove a pile of the troublesome
      problems are dealt with.

      This lets the Baron focus on his other concerns.

      The Baron is also VERY VERY smart, even if wasped and Der Kastle had like
      the Baron.

      The sad part are the grunts, the normal people who are also getting killed
      during this.

      Though, to be fair the Jagers had been doing their best to disable rather
      than just wontly kill the grunts.

      ** What I really would like is a large picture of the whole forces in
      action while a clear profile of a "Snoopy dance" dancing Agatha on the
      rooftop.

      **With eveyrone say - oh yes Now thats THE HETERODYNE!!! and be equally
      cheering and fearing.

      -Dr. Teran Humor M.C.L
      Who realizes that she lost her sanity somewhere in the distant past.

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, VidaVina@... wrote:

        > Hello All:
        > I think this would be a good time to step back and do a
        > recap on where the conflict in Mechanicburg is going and see if it has reached
        > a decisive phase from which we can determine who the victor is and more
        > importantly let's discuss what winning would be defined as.

        You know I love Girl Genius and your post are fun, but I'm not reading all of this.

        -Steve
      • strohmeyerk
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
          In a message dated 2/26/2013 12:55:30 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
          rewastev@... writes:

          You know I love Girl Genius and your post are fun, but I'm not reading all
          of this.

          -Steve
          I'm sorry to hear that Steve. I do recall a lot of very in depth letters
          being written by others before and being discussed in detail. It is one of
          the features of this group that is appealing to me. Would you please make an
          effort sometime later and read over at least most of it. I would appreciate
          it. Thank you!

          All Hail Lady Agatha!!

          Karl aka vidavina

        • DARRELLSTEPHANIE
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
            I am not entirely sure that what is coming up from Sturmhalten is against the Baron. If it is under the command of one of the Lus, then very likely, it is REINFORCEMENTS for the Baron.

            -Steph

          • strohmeyerk
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
              In a message dated 2/26/2013 1:42:05 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
              vvalkyrie@... writes:

              I am not entirely sure that what is coming up from Sturmhalten is against
              the Baron. If it is under the command of one of the Lus, then very likely,
              it is REINFORCEMENTS for the Baron.

              -Steph
              Let's say that is the case. By the way excellent point I may add. If it is
              anything like what the Kessel is now turning into various forms of meat
              squish or mechanized junk what difference will it make? Unless that have some
              thing VERY VERY VERY bad and nasty they will end up either dead or running
              for their lives. I do think we may see some Revenant Monster on Kessel
              Monster action very soon!.

              All Hail Lady Agatha,

              Karl aka vidavina

            • strohmeyerk
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 26, 2013
                In a message dated 2/26/2013 11:13:26 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                mtlumsden@... writes:

                ** What I really would like is a large picture of the whole forces in
                action while a clear profile of a "Snoopy dance" dancing Agatha on the
                rooftop.

                **With eveyrone say - oh yes Now thats THE HETERODYNE!!! and be equally
                cheering and fearing.
                Dear Dr Terran and all concerned:
                I fully agree and would relish such a scene! Now I do
                think her exultation will be tapered back by realizing how much death is
                being inflicted on her behalf and that she will want to work out a settlement
                on equal terms if the Baron (which in his wasped state I really think is
                not possible) will agree to that. But maybe so if only to be a trap for
                Agatha. I am sure she and those close to her will be aware of that threat but
                decide for the sake of everyone on both sides to go ahead with negociations.

                The Baron is also VERY VERY smart, even if wasped and Der Kastle had like
                the Baron.

                I think the Baron may find some way to convey that is in the thrall of the
                Other to either/or Agatha/Der Kessel. It will be interesting to see what
                actions Gil will take soon as this battle heads into a political and
                diplomatic phase.also of interest will be what advise Der Kesel will offer as well.

                All Hail Lady Agatha!

                Karl aka vidavina

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 27, 2013
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, VidaVina@... wrote:
                  > -Steve
                  > I'm sorry to hear that Steve. I do recall a lot of very in depth letters
                  > being written by others before and being discussed in detail. It is one of
                  > the features of this group that is appealing to me. Would you please make an
                  > effort sometime later and read over at least most of it. I would appreciate
                  > it. Thank you!

                  Yeah, that was impolite of me. So I have read it, but I don't have much to add. One thing I will comment on is that I don't think there are as many jaegermonsters as it might seem. I think there are probably a few large groups of them and their presence is fairly limited in other areas where it wouldn't be so hard to infiltrate. As far as hijacking the fleet, I suspect it was only a few ships that they took and they Baron has plenty of others.