Re: [Girl Genius] Re: Isn't this what we have been long waiting for?

  • Edward Rhodes
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 14, 2013
      I'm still waiting. I think/expect to see closeups of people's reactions in the next week or so. :-)

      ***
      I think he's talking about OUR reactions to what's happening in the strip.

    • Ariadne
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Edward Rhodes wrote:

        > I think he's talking about OUR reactions to what's happening in the strip.

        Still waiting for some kind of resolution...
      • joleenwhite
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 14, 2013
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, One Brow wrote:

          > >  Could we please direct the discussion to what
          >
          > > we think is going to happen and the impact on the Baron and where the story
          > > is going to go please?
          >
          > I see Lunevka complaining to to the Klaus about his poor handling of the invasion, while Klaus protests and yet smiles inside.

          With almost the entire Empire air forces in the airspace above Mechanicsburg, I think that Klaus has intentionally destroyed his military. While the stability it provided was his primary objective earlier, destroying it is his way to prevent the Other from getting control of the Empire. His own actions will now return Europa into a similar environment as pre-Heterodyne Boys. Then Agatha and friends (and minions) will retrace the steps of the Heterodyne boys to create a lasting peace, much to the horror of the castle. I also think that there will be a cure for the revenants that they will work on and that resolution will be the final story arc.

          But I think the details are just as much fun for speculation as the big picture. What is in the hidden passages of the castle? Why didn't any of the repair crews run into this vast menagerie? Will Castle Wulfenbach go down or did the captain maintain a safe enough distance? Where did Franz take Gil anyway?
        • strohmeyerk
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 14, 2013
            In a message dated 2/14/2013 5:50:28 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
            joleenwhite@... writes:

            --- In _girlgenius@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:girlgenius@yahoogroups.com) ,
            One Brow wrote:

            > > Could we please direct the discussion to what
            >
            > > we think is going to happen and the impact on the Baron and where the
            story
            > > is going to go please?
            >
            > I see Lunevka complaining to to the Klaus about his poor handling of the
            invasion, while Klaus protests and yet smiles inside.

            With almost the entire Empire air forces in the airspace above
            Mechanicsburg, I think that Klaus has intentionally destroyed his military. While the
            stability it provided was his primary objective earlier, destroying it is
            his way to prevent the Other from getting control of the Empire. His own
            actions will now return Europa into a similar environment as pre-Heterodyne
            Boys. Then Agatha and friends (and minions) will retrace the steps of the
            Heterodyne boys to create a lasting peace, much to the horror of the castle. I
            also think that there will be a cure for the revenants that they will work
            on and that resolution will be the final story arc.

            But I think the details are just as much fun for speculation as the big
            picture. What is in the hidden passages of the castle? Why didn't any of the
            repair crews run into this vast menagerie? Will Castle Wulfenbach go down
            or did the captain maintain a safe enough distance? Where did Franz take Gil
            anyway?
            HUZZAH!! AT LONG LAST!! Re DK getting it's self back to it's original form and
            strength.Good point I think you may be onto something. I too find the over
            concentration of force strange and rather amateurish for the Baron. Makes
            everything one big target. I hope you are right as to the remaining story
            arc. I would enjoy that if that is the case. does make me think if Agatha and
            the DK will come into conflict? Thoughts anyone?

            All Hail Lady Agatha!

            Karl aka vidavina

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 18, 2013
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, VidaVina@... wrote:
              > I too find the over
              > concentration of force strange and rather amateurish for the Baron. Makes
              > everything one big target.

              It makes sense though if you want to hurry up and destroy the castle before it gets up and running. You need everything you've got. Agatha got it back together just in the nick of time or it might have worked.