Re: [Girl Genius] Re: Isn't this what we have been long waiting for?

  • strohmeyerk
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 13, 2013
      In a message dated 2/13/2013 2:02:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      klamerus219@... writes:

      --- In _girlgenius@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:girlgenius@yahoogroups.com) ,
      VidaVina@... wrote:

      > Hello all!
      > Is it me or is there a lack of well shall we say excitement
      > over recent events in the strip? I mean for YEARS we have ben hearing
      > people crying and despairing over how "Nothing is happening to move to
      the Der
      > Kessel becoming recharged!! I give up on this strip BYE!!" and finally
      at
      > log last here we have it!! The Kessel full up and restored in all it's
      > terrible beauty !! do we have wild acclamations? NO! FIREWORK SPITTING
      > CARTWHEELLS,BONFIRES AND DANCING IN THE STREETS? NO! Instead we are
      talking about
      > the minutiae of what is flying out of the Kessel? I'm just saying this
      is
      > HUGE event and deserves to be recognized as such, it's been years in the
      > making!! Ok calming down now. Could we please direct the discussion to
      what
      > we think is going to happen and the impact on the Baron and where the
      story
      > is going to go please? I mean after all of the waiting I think we should
      > rejoice on major scale and then get into where things are going to go in
      the
      > short and long term. I would appreciate some thoughts on this.
      >
      > All Hail Lady Agatha!
      >
      > Karl aka VidaVina

      I'm still waiting. I think/expect to see closeups of people's reactions in
      the next week or so. :-)

      I was referring to the members in the forum here.

      All Hail Lady Agatha!

      Karl aka vidavina

    • Edward Rhodes
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 14, 2013
        I'm still waiting. I think/expect to see closeups of people's reactions in the next week or so. :-)

        ***
        I think he's talking about OUR reactions to what's happening in the strip.

      • Ariadne
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 14, 2013
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Edward Rhodes wrote:

          > I think he's talking about OUR reactions to what's happening in the strip.

          Still waiting for some kind of resolution...
        • joleenwhite
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 14, 2013
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, One Brow wrote:

            > >  Could we please direct the discussion to what
            >
            > > we think is going to happen and the impact on the Baron and where the story
            > > is going to go please?
            >
            > I see Lunevka complaining to to the Klaus about his poor handling of the invasion, while Klaus protests and yet smiles inside.

            With almost the entire Empire air forces in the airspace above Mechanicsburg, I think that Klaus has intentionally destroyed his military. While the stability it provided was his primary objective earlier, destroying it is his way to prevent the Other from getting control of the Empire. His own actions will now return Europa into a similar environment as pre-Heterodyne Boys. Then Agatha and friends (and minions) will retrace the steps of the Heterodyne boys to create a lasting peace, much to the horror of the castle. I also think that there will be a cure for the revenants that they will work on and that resolution will be the final story arc.

            But I think the details are just as much fun for speculation as the big picture. What is in the hidden passages of the castle? Why didn't any of the repair crews run into this vast menagerie? Will Castle Wulfenbach go down or did the captain maintain a safe enough distance? Where did Franz take Gil anyway?
          • strohmeyerk
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 14, 2013

              One Brow wrote:

              > > Could we please direct the discussion to what
              >
              > > we think is going to happen and the impact on the Baron and where the
              story
              > > is going to go please?
              >
              > I see Lunevka complaining to to the Klaus about his poor handling of the
              invasion, while Klaus protests and yet smiles inside.

              With almost the entire Empire air forces in the airspace above
              Mechanicsburg, I think that Klaus has intentionally destroyed his military. While the
              stability it provided was his primary objective earlier, destroying it is
              his way to prevent the Other from getting control of the Empire. His own
              actions will now return Europa into a similar environment as pre-Heterodyne
              Boys. Then Agatha and friends (and minions) will retrace the steps of the
              Heterodyne boys to create a lasting peace, much to the horror of the castle. I
              also think that there will be a cure for the revenants that they will work
              on and that resolution will be the final story arc.

              But I think the details are just as much fun for speculation as the big
              picture. What is in the hidden passages of the castle? Why didn't any of the
              repair crews run into this vast menagerie? Will Castle Wulfenbach go down
              or did the captain maintain a safe enough distance? Where did Franz take Gil
              anyway?
              HUZZAH!! AT LONG LAST!! Re DK getting it's self back to it's original form and
              strength.Good point I think you may be onto something. I too find the over
              concentration of force strange and rather amateurish for the Baron. Makes
              everything one big target. I hope you are right as to the remaining story
              arc. I would enjoy that if that is the case. does make me think if Agatha and
              the DK will come into conflict? Thoughts anyone?

              All Hail Lady Agatha!

              Karl aka vidavina

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 18, 2013
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, VidaVina@... wrote:
                > I too find the over
                > concentration of force strange and rather amateurish for the Baron. Makes
                > everything one big target.

                It makes sense though if you want to hurry up and destroy the castle before it gets up and running. You need everything you've got. Agatha got it back together just in the nick of time or it might have worked.