Zeetha's Injury

  • Abraham
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
      Zeetha had an injury to her chest cavity, but she doesn't seem to have any trouble breathing, shouting, running, lifting or swinging heavy objects, twisting around, etc. If it weren't for the bandage I'd guess she's completely healthy.

      Is she already healed up from Gkika's treatments and people are just coddling her? Is she just really really good at masking pain?
    • jsheikg
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
        > Is she already healed up from Gkika's treatments and people are just coddling her? Is she just really really good at masking pain?

        I'd say the repairs, though through, are still fragile, and need to be coddled.
        Pain is an issue of nerve endings, a great many of which she may have disconnected.
        Zeetha feels fine, and will continue to do so until she rips something apart at the most inconvenient time and place.
      • aseachangea
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
          "Abraham" wrote:
          [snip]
          > Is she already healed up from Gkika's treatments and people are just coddling her? Is she just really really good at masking pain?

          ----

          Sea Change replies:

          There's a certain amount of unreality in this comic, in that things happen just because they're funny, or just because a certain character wants it to be so.

          There's been speculation about Gil's rather quick recovery after the whole "lightning lad" sequence, more about Agatha who was repeatedly stabbed and poisoned, yet more about why Zola is even alive after so many doses of Moveit, and Higgs seems to be able to take the damage of an unstoppable death robot.

          Gil and Agatha are sparks, and they're supposed to be tougher than the average human. Higgs is supposed by many to be one of Van Rijn's. Zola got herself to the Great Hospital and was subject to a Healing Spark.

          Unless Gkika is also sparky or is hiding something else, or there's "something special" about being a Skiff, nobody really knows how well Zeetha should be reacting to Better Than Death.
        • jak quill
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 30, 2013
            >There's been speculation about Gil's rather quick recovery after the whole "lightning lad" sequence, more about Agatha who was repeatedly stabbed and poisoned, yet more about why Zola is even alive after so many doses of Moveit, and Higgs seems to be able to take the damage of an unstoppable death robot.

            >Gil and Agatha are sparks, and they're supposed to be tougher than the average human.  Higgs is supposed by many to be one of Van Rijn's.  Zola got herself to the Great Hospital and was subject to a Healing Spark.

            >Unless Gkika is also sparky or is hiding something else, or there's "something special" about being a Skiff, nobody really knows how well Zeetha should be reacting to Better Than Death.

            Theres a bit on the page dated Monday, October 18, 2010 (in the "Zeetha" storyline)- the last panel where Higgs "speaks" with a certain accent... and then on the page dated Wednesday, May 16, 2012 (in the "Tarvek and the Generals" storyline) there is the panel where they're talking talking about the seventh General... "... Vell, he iz a Tricky vun. He is... de keeper ov MANY SECRET TINGS."

            I've always thought that Higgs was a Jager... well that's my thought anyway...

            JakQuill

            If I had to choose between betraying my country and betraying my friend, I hope I should have the guts to betray my country.
            E.M. Forster

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "aseachangea" wrote:
              > "Abraham" wrote:
              > [snip]
              > > Is she already healed up from Gkika's treatments and people are just coddling her? Is she just really really good at masking pain?
              > >
              > ----
              >
              > Sea Change replies:
              >
              > There's a certain amount of unreality in this comic, in that things happen just because they're funny, or just because a certain character wants it to be so.
              >
              > Unless Gkika is also sparky or is hiding something else, or there's "something special" about being a Skiff, nobody really knows how well Zeetha should be reacting to Better Than Death.

              I agree. It's been demonstrated that she has skills and abilities beyond normal. She knows mental exercises to keep her on her feet for days without rest and she's otherwise impressive physically. I think partly that history is used as a justification for her condition, as well as this episode reinforces the audience's belief that she's really that good.

              -Steve
            • Joy Beeson
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 1, 2013
                On 1/30/13 1:29 PM, Abraham wrote:

                > Is she just really really
                > good at masking pain?

                To the chagrin of mothers and doctors everywhere,
                *everybody* is reasonably good at masking pain. A warrior
                princess is very likely to have practiced, and somebody who
                knows that the enemy will target the wounded can put on a
                pretty good show without having practiced.

                --
                Joy Beeson
                http://www.debeeson.net/LakeCam/LakeCam.html