Re: [Girl Genius] State of Mechanicsburg/Agatha's Wrath

  • strohmeyerk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2013
      In a message dated 1/30/2013 2:54:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      gadgetdon@... writes:

      On Jan 29, 2013, at 11:43 PM, Abraham _abraham540@..._
      (mailto:abraham540@...) > wrote:

      > Over the last story arc, we've met several invaders all talking about
      how many people they've killed. I wonder how many people are going to be
      alive in Mechanicsburg when this is all over.

      > Furthermore, I'm curious whether the Baron authorized the execution of
      the non-revenant civilian population when the c-gas didn't work, or if his
      army/madboys/monsters made that decision despite him.

      Remember, Anevka/Lucrezia is whispering in the Baron's ear (who, being
      wasped, has to do what he's told unless he can figure out a way around them).
      And it's pretty clear Lucrezia likes body counts. Plus, Lucrezia was afraid
      of going to the castle and Mechanicsburg, so seeing it razed to the ground
      with no survivors that might try to keep the shebang going could seem like
      a smart idea.

      Of course, this would be a change in the Baron's SOP. Have we seen many
      standard armed forces? They might push back a bit on mass slaughter. But mad
      boys and monsters, well, I doubt they need much urging.

      On the other hand, remember that for generations the Heterodynes were
      warlike and really hated. So I'm sure the city is well fortified, lots of hide
      holes to hang out in, maybe even some fake townspeople (automatons or
      constructs) to convince the invaders that they've slaughtered the civilians and
      move on. So I think there will be lots of civilians left.

      Hello all:
      In every war history has shown that the troops always think
      they have done more damage than what was later found to be the case. Very
      often the same target is engaged by multiple units without the units being
      aware that other platoons/companies were also laying down fire when they
      were. I think this is very likely the case here. Also there is an assumption of
      if they are gone after you shoot them they must be dead. That often proves
      to be erroneous,with the reality being that the groups of people under
      fire scampering out of the way while leaving some casualties behind giving the
      false impression that entire group had been wiped out. If Agatha does find
      that in fact there have been atrocities committed against the civilian
      population then her wrath will be terrible! Lucrezia will find out she may of
      once found someone who can match her temperment and who will not stop until
      she (Agatha) has wiped out her enemy. I was thinking earlier that at some
      point Agatha will show mercy and will want the killing to stop in order to
      work things out. However if it is reveled that large segments of the
      population have been killed she may not be in a merciful vein and decided to
      punish the Wulfenbach's. She has elevated to new state of identity as THE
      Hetrodyne and takes the welfare of her people VERY seriously along with wanting
      to make it clear NOONE can kill her townspeople and get away with it. I'm
      interested to hear what everyone else has to say on this.

      ALL HAIL LADY AGATHA!!

      Karl aka VidaVina

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, VidaVina@... wrote:
        > However if it is reveled that large segments of the
        > population have been killed she may not be in a merciful vein and decided to
        > punish the Wulfenbach's. She has elevated to new state of identity as THE
        > Hetrodyne and takes the welfare of her people VERY seriously along with wanting
        > to make it clear NOONE can kill her townspeople and get away with it. I'm
        > interested to hear what everyone else has to say on this.

        At this point, if the Wulfenbach forces retreat, Agatha will have to let them go. She's all defence and no offence. What she decides to do after the dust clears will be difficult to predict. She will have had a chance to calm down and will probably tackle her top priority. That's probably going to be Lucrezia. Does Agatha know that she's with the Baron?