Re: Zeetha

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 19, 2013
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "deansurkin" wrote:
      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey! Did anybody else notice the the expressions on Zeetha's headband match her face?
      > >
      > [snip]
      >
      > I never noticed that before. Thanks for pointing it out. It makes me wonder how much else I'm missing.

      The day I can read through my old Girl Genius books and not find something new will be a sad, sad day.

      -Steve
    • Edward Rhodes
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 19, 2013
        I didn't notice that either! Shout out to USAcres maybe?
        (For those of you not in the know, USAcres is a print strip about a farm. One of the characters is a cowardly duck named Wade who wears a life perserver because he can't swim. The duck on the perserver matches Wade's expression in each panel.)

      • jim_learned
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 19, 2013
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." wrote:

          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "deansurkin" wrote:
          > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Hey! Did anybody else notice the the expressions on Zeetha's headband match her face?

          So, I'm not the only one who's a moron. That makes me feel a little better, in a Jerry Springer sort of way.

          -- Jim
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
            > So, I'm not the only one who's a moron. That makes me feel a little better, in a Jerry Springer sort of way.
            >
            > -- Jim

            Wait, wait, wait. Are you implying that you're watching Jerry Springer and we're on the show? There's one tear rolling down my right cheek.

            -Steve
          • jim_learned
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." wrote:

              > > So, I'm not the only one who's a moron. That makes me feel a little better, in a Jerry Springer sort of way.
              > >
              > > -- Jim
              > >

              > Wait, wait, wait. Are you implying that you're watching Jerry Springer and we're on the show? There's one tear rolling down my right cheek.
              >
              > -Steve

              Most people watch Springer because there are people on that show who are even more violent and stupid than the watchers. So if you're watching it, you know that at least there's somebody in the world who is more messed up than you are. But if you're close enough to the bottom of the barrel that you need constant assurance that you're not quite the worst person in the world, you might be too close for comfort.

              It took me quite a while to notice the expressions on Zeetha's headband. I find it comforting to know I'm not the only person who was that silly.

              -- Jim
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 21, 2013
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Edward Rhodes wrote:

                > I didn't notice that either! Shout out to USAcres maybe?
                > (For those of you not in the know, USAcres is a print strip about a farm. One of the characters is a cowardly duck named Wade who wears a life perserver because he can't swim. The duck on the perserver matches Wade's expression in each panel.)

                They did that in the animated version of the cartoon as well. I know a cartoon is really just a series of still pictures, but it still seems more impressive to me that they can match that expression 24 frames a second.