Re: [Girl Genius] But what about the Dingbots?

  • jsheikg
    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 29, 2012
      > We saw Tarvek disable a whole mess of dingbots by using something electrical-shock-fieldish. What's going to happen to them, now?

      Since they are the creations of The Heterodyne odds are they have become organic to DK.
      At least until they wear out anyway.
      DK's telekinetic talent will be more than enough to keep them wound.
      As to their susceptibility to shock; I think there is little to fear because DK will likely hoard every watt for itself.
    • LB
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 29, 2012
        From Merriam-Webster online:
        Definition of MINION
        1: a servile dependent, follower, or underling
        2: one highly favored : idol
        3: a subordinate or petty official

        It seems we are thinking of just the first definition, but for Moloch the second & possibly the third apply much better.

        My opinion is that he is drawn to Agatha both due to her Sparky charisma & the engineering/repair challenges he is doing now. But his self-protectiveness & cynicism keeps him from being a servile underling, instead he is a breath of sanity and common sense. I expect he will stick around by avoiding doing anything foolish. And really, if he fled now, he would have a good chance of becoming cannon fodder.

        Long live Von Zinzer!

        Lisa

        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@...> wrote:

        > > I say Moxana points are due here. All we're missing is von Zinzer yelling "Yes master!"
        > >

        > Nah, Moloch is my favorite for the simple fact that he will not (at least in his own mind) submit wholeheartedly to the temptation of minionhood and abandon his soul to a Spark.
        > This would be a great thing for Agatha.
        > Von Zinzer will not stand around with his hands in his pockets like the rest waiting for The Word from On High.
        > He has his own life to live and he intends to keep it.

      • Elliott Olson
        Message 3 of 29 , Jan 1, 2013
          Saturday, December 29, 2012, 12:53:59 PM, Steven Paul Rewa wrote:

          SPRMS> I definitely think that Agatha's upbringing is an integral
          SPRMS> part of her character and the same for Gil.

          Agatha's upbringing is an integral part of Gil's character? XD

          --
          Best regards,
          Elliott mailto:ejolson@...
          Message 4 of 29 , Jan 2, 2013
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Elliott Olson <ejolson@...> wrote:

            > Saturday, December 29, 2012, 12:53:59 PM, Steven Paul Rewa wrote:
            >
            > SPRMS> I definitely think that Agatha's upbringing is an integral
            > SPRMS> part of her character and the same for Gil.
            >
            > Agatha's upbringing is an integral part of Gil's character? XD

            It's getting to be.

            -Steve

            You know what I meant.
          • Joy Beeson
            Message 5 of 29 , Jan 4, 2013
              It seems to me that if we rattle off all the words for head
              minion, we'll sooner or later come across the right word for
              Von Zinzer.

              Boris is a secretary -- but aside from Moloch not having any
              secretarial duties, his duties *don't* include running
              things when the Heterodyne isn't around.

              So far, I've come up with:

              Major domo
              butler
              Factotum
              Steward
              Assistant
              Supervisor
              Administrator
              Rector
              Manager
              Conductor
              Governor
              Head
              Monitor
              Supercargo
              Superintendent
              Overman
              Overseer
              Boss
              Gaffer
              Taskmaster
              Overlooker
              Factor
              Baliff
              Marshall
              Proctor
              Curator
              Chairman
              Leader
              Precentor
              Master
              Chief
              Principal
              Dean
              Executive
              Warden
              Chancellor
              President
              Sachem
              Lieutenant

              None suit.

              --
              Joy Beeson
              http://n3f.home.comcast.net/ -- Writers' Exchange
              Message 6 of 29 , Jan 5, 2013
                How about Chief Mechanic

                Sent from my iPhone

                On 05/01/2013, at 15:11, Joy Beeson <joybeeson@...> wrote:

                > It seems to me that if we rattle off all the words for head
                > minion, we'll sooner or later come across the right word for
                > Von Zinzer.
                >
                > Boris is a secretary -- but aside from Moloch not having any
                > secretarial duties, his duties *don't* include running
                > things when the Heterodyne isn't around.
                >
                > So far, I've come up with:
                >
                > Major domo
                > butler
                > Factotum
                > Steward
                > Assistant
                > Supervisor
                > Administrator
                > Rector
                > Manager
                > Conductor
                > Governor
                > Head
                > Monitor
                > Supercargo
                > Superintendent
                > Overman
                > Overseer
                > Boss
                > Gaffer
                > Taskmaster
                > Overlooker
                > Factor
                > Baliff
                > Marshall
                > Proctor
                > Curator
                > Chairman
                > Leader
                > Precentor
                > Master
                > Chief
                > Principal
                > Dean
                > Executive
                > Warden
                > Chancellor
                > President
                > Sachem
                > Lieutenant
                >
                > None suit.
                >
                > --
                > Joy Beeson
                > http://n3f.home.comcast.net/ -- Writers' Exchange
                > http://www.debeeson.net/LakeCam/LakeCam.html
                > west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.

              • Nick S
                Message 7 of 29 , Jan 5, 2013
                  Crew Chief

                  Message 8 of 29 , Jan 7, 2013
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Brian Dawson wrote:

                    > How about Chief Mechanic

                    How about head chef?

                    -Steve
                  • jsheikg
                    Message 9 of 29 , Jan 7, 2013
                      > How about head chef?

                      I'm partial to trouble shooter myself.
                    • Joy Beeson
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jan 7, 2013
                        On 1/7/13 7:50 AM, Steven Paul Rewa, M.S. wrote:

                        > How about head chef?

                        I think that both Moloch and his customers would say
                        "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

                        --
                        Joy Beeson
                        http://n3f.home.comcast.net/ -- Writers' Exchange
                        http://www.debeeson.net/LakeCam/LakeCam.html
                        west of Fort Wayne, Indiana, U.S.A.
                      • Kenneth H
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jan 8, 2013
                          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" wrote:

                          > > How about head chef?
                          > >

                          > I'm partial to trouble shooter myself.

                          Kitchen staff supervisor.

                          Best,
                          Ken
                        • Martin J Hooper
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jan 8, 2013
                            On 08/01/2013 12:45 PM, Kenneth H wrote:
                            > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" wrote:
                            >>

                            >>> How about head chef?
                            >>>

                            >> I'm partial to trouble shooter myself.
                            >>
                            > Kitchen staff supervisor.

                            Chief cook and bottle washer... :D

                            Am sure though Agatha has clanks for that!
                          • aseachangea
                            Message 13 of 29 , Jan 8, 2013
                              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth H" wrote:

                              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" wrote:
                              > >

                              > > > How about head chef?
                              > > >

                              > > I'm partial to trouble shooter myself.
                              > >
                              > Kitchen staff supervisor.
                              >
                              > Best,
                              > Ken

                              -----

                              Sea Change replies:

                              Princess Cimorene was titled Head Cook and Chief Librarian.

                              Sea Change, who thinks that Moloch is going to have to do a lot of non-pay-grade work