How much longer will volume 12 last?

  • William Ansley
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 18, 2012
      I think volume 12 will end with Agatha heading off on a journey. That is
      the way volumes 3 and 6 ended, the first with Agatha heading off to parts
      unknown after escaping from Castle Wulfenbach and the second with Agatha
      fleeing the Baron's forces in and around Sturmhalten, on her way to
      Machanicsburg, after she held the Baron off with her Battle Circus.

      Volumes 1 through 3 and volumes 4 through 6 make up the first two major
      story arcs. The third major story arc will be volumes 7 through 12. I think
      the Foglios may have originally intended this section of the story to be
      roughly comparable in length to the previous two major arcs, but the story
      expanded so much that they had to break it into two sections, volumes 7-9
      and 10-12, which is why Agatha is not heading off somewhere else at the end
      of volume 9.

      That's my reasoning for expecting that the current volume will end with
      Agatha going off on another journey, presumably starting with Paris. I
      think it will take several more pages before they can reach this point, so
      I would not be surprised if volume 12 continues into 2013. The first page
      of the new year will be on Wednesday, January 2, 2013. If volume 12 is
      still continuing, this will be page 182 which is only seven pages away.

      If I'm right, this volume still needs to include Agatha trying to revve the
      Castle, successfully or not, the aftermath of that, the result of her
      struggle with Gil, Agatha somehow escaping the Baron's forces and finding a
      way to flee. I don't think this will be wrapped up in seven pages.

      Well, it won't be long before we find out.

      Happy Holidays!

      --
      William Ansley

    • Joseph H
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 19, 2012
        How much longer?

        Why, I'd almost be willing to bet today's installment (Wednesday 12/19) is it.

        (ALMOST, that is. Don't have many Moxanna points laying around.)
      • William Ansley
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 19, 2012
          On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Joseph H <jwhouk@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > How much longer?
          >
          > Why, I'd almost be willing to bet today's installment (Wednesday 12/19) is
          > it.
          >
          > (ALMOST, that is. Don't have many Moxanna points laying around.)

          I'm still sticking with my idea that volume 12 won't end until Agatha is
          heading away from Mechanicsburg. Perhaps Friday's page will prove me wrong.
          If so, at least the rest of this discussion list won't have to listen to me
          go on and on about it any more.

          Oh, yeah. One more reason volume 12 can't end yet - we still haven't seen
          the third light turn on!

          Light 1:

          Light 2:

          And, no, this isn't it:

          I really want to see the third light on this mysterious panel turn on and
          it seems to me that if it doesn't happen before Agatha goes off on the
          journey that the Foglios have been promising for quite a while now, which
          will certainly have to happen soon, whether it is at the end of volume 12
          or the beginning of volume 13, then it will never happen.

          --
          William Ansley

        • queen_librarian
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 19, 2012
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, William Ansley <williamansley@...> wrote:

            > I think volume 12 will end with Agatha heading off on a journey. ... I don't think this will be wrapped up in seven pages.
            >
            > Well, it won't be long before we find out.
            >
            > Happy Holidays!
            >
            > --
            > William Ansley

            Actually, I think we just saw the last page of vol 12. Heck of a cliffhanger and just what I what I would expect from the Foglios!

            (and maybe we'll get a Christmas/holiday bonus this year?)

            Dawn
          • Douglas
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 21, 2012
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "queen_librarian" <queen_librarian@...> wrote:

              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, William Ansley <williamansley@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I think volume 12 will end with Agatha heading off on a journey. ... I don't think this will be wrapped up in seven pages.
              > >
              > > Well, it won't be long before we find out.
              >
              > Actually, I think we just saw the last page of vol 12. Heck of a cliffhanger and just what I what I would expect from the Foglios!

              I'm thinking we need to see some gloating from The Other about having won, and the Baron looking at her seeing over her shoulder the start of the castle coming to life.
            • Joseph H
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 21, 2012
                (Collects Moxanna points)

                Merry Christmas, everyone! :-D