[Girl Genius] Re: Flying?

  • Edward Rhodes
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 3, 2012
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Edward Rhodes <ejay1118@...> wrote:

      > and this
      >
      > would
      >
      > be spoiler
      >
      > space
      >
      > for those
      >
      > who weren't
      >
      > up at 4:30
      >
      > in the morning
      >
      > to read
      >
      > Friday's
      >
      > chapter.
      >
      > *sigh*
      >
      > ...and now we have to wait two days to find out what "cheat a little" means!
      > I cry "Foul!"

      I'm thinking he just jumps, and his little wings give him a little extra hang time.

      You know, a la "Toy Story."

      -Steph

      ***
      Well, THAT turned out to be wrong, didn't it? Franz's "cheater" has to be one of the most wonderfully outrageous things I have ever seen in this strip!

    • DARRELLSTEPHANIE
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 5, 2012
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Edward Rhodes <ejay1118@...> wrote:

        > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Edward Rhodes <ejay1118@> wrote:
        >

        > > and this
        > >
        > > would
        > >
        > > be spoiler
        > >
        > > space
        > >
        > > for those
        > >
        > > who weren't
        > >
        > > up at 4:30
        > >
        > > in the morning
        > >
        > > to read
        > >
        > > Friday's
        > >
        > > chapter.
        > >
        > > *sigh*
        > >
        > > ...and now we have to wait two days to find out what "cheat a little" means!
        > > I cry "Foul!"
        > >

        > I'm thinking he just jumps, and his little wings give him a little extra hang time.
        >
        > You know, a la "Toy Story."
        >
        > -Steph
        >
        > ***
        > Well, THAT turned out to be wrong, didn't it? Franz's "cheater" has to be one of the most wonderfully outrageous things I have ever seen in this strip!

        Yah, and was it ever cool to be wrong! Those turbines actually look like some modern stuff I know of - except for how they're powered!

        -Steph
        who still thinks a jumpy-thing would have been funny as heck
      • ravyng
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 5, 2012
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "DARRELLSTEPHANIE" <vvalkyrie@...> wrote:

          > > > and this
          > > >
          > > > would
          > > >
          > > > be spoiler
          > > >
          > > > space
          > > >
          > > > for those
          > > >
          > > > who weren't
          > > >
          > > > up at 4:30
          > > >
          > > > in the morning
          > > >
          > > > to read
          > > >
          > > > Friday's
          > > >
          > > > chapter.
          > > >
          > > > *sigh*

          > Yah, and was it ever cool to be wrong! Those turbines actually look like some modern stuff I know of - except for how they're powered!
          >
          > -Steph
          > who still thinks a jumpy-thing would have been funny as heck

          Unfortunately, I'm very worried now. Franz has been totally awesome for the last pages, first battling the "pretty boy" dragon, and now this. And now he's talking about the past and his loyalty to the Heterodynes. Doesn't this seem a lot like a guy who's about to be killed off? A silly contraption, like a flying fart or some other suggestions I've heard, wouldn't fit.

          Of course, I realize that I'm beginning to sound like Harry Potter's Miss Trelawney, having predicted Tarvek's death earlier. Then we *got* a totally awesome battle with the huge hive queen, where I thought this was it, until I realized that it was getting too obvious. Sure enough, Agatha showed up and saved him. It *could* be that the Foglios are planning to throw a fast one again.

          But as William Ansley pointed out, it sure looks like they're building up to *some* big event to finish off this volume.

          Which means that I still think Tarvek's death is a strong possibility. Did you notice that in the search for a way to fly earlier, there was one thing that nobody mentioned? Tarvek fitted Ol' Vorthang's Sunday Best Armor with rocket boosters.

          Isn't it fun to try to second-guess the Foglios? :)

          Whatever happens, I think we'd better keep our hankies ready.

          Yngvar