Re: Wait . . . Are those . . . ?

  • aseachangea
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 23, 2012
      Kate wrote:

      > JAGERKIDS?!?
      >snip
      --

      It took me several days to realize what Kate was referring to. These are the guys around Gkika? I think this is an example of Phil trying to make relative heighth part of what he draws. Normally, this isn't an issue in the comic, people are often taller or smaller depending on the dramatics of the situation. I interpreted this as Gkika being exceptionally tall just now.
    • Nick S
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
        I think they are just ordinary Jaegers,
        The big jaeger (does she have a name?) is old enough to have grown larger,
        like the Jeager Generals, which is throwing off the sense of scale, making
        the other look smaller.

        On 20 November 2012 14:43, K. R. McClure <katevilda@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > JAGERKIDS?!?
        >
        > O. M. G.
        >
        > Since the Professors have stated that the changes wrought by the
        > Jagerdrought are not passed down via genetics, where did these little
        > monsters come from?
        >
        > K2
        > Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.

      • ravyng
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Nick S <nsherwin@...> wrote:

          > I think they are just ordinary Jaegers,
          > The big jaeger (does she have a name?) is old enough to have grown larger,
          > like the Jeager Generals, which is throwing off the sense of scale, making
          > the other look smaller.

          I agree, though I'm afraid that Phil probably isn't quite consistent about scale.

          You're talking about General Gkika, formerly known simply as Mama Gkika. She's been around for several volumes now.

          Yngvar
        • K. R. McClure
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 25, 2012
            What threw me was that General Ghika calls them 'kids', and that they only seem to come up to her waist. She's big, but not THAT big!

            Kate McClure
            Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.

            ________________________________

              I think they are just ordinary Jaegers,
            The big jaeger (does she have a name?) is old enough to have grown larger,
            like the Jeager Generals, which is throwing off the sense of scale, making
            the other look smaller.

            > JAGERKIDS?!?
            >
            > O. M. G.
            >
            > Since the Professors have stated that the changes wrought by the
            > Jagerdrought are not passed down via genetics, where did these little
            > monsters come from?
            >
            > K2
            > Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.

          • Cheryl Huttner
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 26, 2012
              ________________________________
              What threw me was that General Ghika calls them 'kids', and that they only seem to come up to her waist. She's big, but not THAT big!

              Kate McClure
              Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.

              ________________________________

                I think they are just ordinary Jaegers,
              The big jaeger (does she have a name?) is old enough to have grown larger,
              like the Jeager Generals, which is throwing off the sense of scale, making
              the other look smaller.

              > JAGERKIDS?!?
              >
              > O. M. G.
              >
              > Since the Professors have stated that the changes wrought by the
              > Jagerdrought are not passed down via genetics, where did these little
              > monsters come from?
              >
              > K2
              > Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.

              I *think* she was calling Agatha's group 'kids'.

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 27, 2012
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Cheryl Huttner <lynx412@...> wrote:
                > I *think* she was calling Agatha's group 'kids'.

                I know I shouldn't post this without linking to some references, but Jaegers call people kids all the time. I suspect that age is a status thing with them a lot like the hats and uniforms. Never miss an opportunity to point out that you've been around longer than somebody else.

                -Steve
              • Beth
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 27, 2012
                  lots of snippage

                  > > K2
                  > > Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.

                  > I *think* she was calling Agatha's group 'kids'.

                  That's how I took it when I first read it. But then again, in my family "the kids" are anyone younger than my parents, who are in their late 60s/early 70s. :-)