Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Which would worry you more?

Expand Messages
  • mrobinson52
    ... I am not sure if Klaus is in his right mind or his left mind, but it occurred to me that he might be once again testing Gil. That would sort of bring us
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 20, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas" <douglas.reay@...> wrote:
      >
      > If you are a invading the home city of someone you KNOW to also be a very strong genius spark capable of improvising weapons quickly (such as the sword for Gil to fight slaver wasps with on the airship), which would worry you more...
      >
      > A) Your opponent is sending waves of new fearsome creations at you, slaying lots of your warriors
      >
      > or
      >
      > B) Your opponent appears to be doing absolutely nothing effective at all
      >
      > ?
      >
      > The Other will be over confident but Klaus, if in his right mind, knows enough to be REALLY worried.
      >
      I am not sure if Klaus is in his right mind or his left mind, but it occurred to me that he might be once again testing Gil. That would sort of bring us full circle to the first volume. I wonder if under all the other problems, if perhaps Klaus is not as much under the influence of Lucrezia as he seems, but wants to play this out to see how Gil will react and overcome all of the obstacles as a big test. Maybe the plan Klaus has is to see if Gil can free his father and help his girlfriend secure Mechanicsburg so that Klaus can finally retire and let Gil run the Empire while Klaus goes back to his wife and the carefree life of being Chump.

      Mary
    • jim_learned
      ... Possible spoilers...{I hope!) Klaus wouldn t need a huge army to take out Agatha. I think his intention is to confront the Other once and for all. Once
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "mrobinson52" <mrobinson52@...> wrote:
        >
        > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas" <douglas.reay@> wrote:
        > >
        > > If you are a invading the home city of someone you KNOW to also be a very strong genius spark capable of improvising weapons quickly (such as the sword for Gil to fight slaver wasps with on the airship), which would worry you more...
        > >
        > > A) Your opponent is sending waves of new fearsome creations at you, slaying lots of your warriors
        > >
        > > or
        > >
        > > B) Your opponent appears to be doing absolutely nothing effective at all
        > >
        > > ?
        > >
        > > The Other will be over confident but Klaus, if in his right mind, knows enough to be REALLY worried.
        > >
        > I am not sure if Klaus is in his right mind or his left mind, but it occurred to me that he might be once again testing Gil. That would sort of bring us full circle to the first volume. I wonder if under all the other problems, if perhaps Klaus is not as much under the influence of Lucrezia as he seems, but wants to play this out to see how Gil will react and overcome all of the obstacles as a big test. Maybe the plan Klaus has is to see if Gil can free his father and help his girlfriend secure Mechanicsburg so that Klaus can finally retire and let Gil run the Empire while Klaus goes back to his wife and the carefree life of being Chump.
        >
        > Mary
        >

        Possible spoilers...{I hope!)























        Klaus wouldn't need a huge army to take out Agatha. I think his intention is to confront the Other once and for all. Once the Other is defeated, the wasp will be moot. He would prefer to have a functioning Castle to take on the Other, which is why he is invading it instead of smashing it.

        Jim
      • Martin J Hooper
        ... In that case why doesn t Klaus ask Agatha fir her help in taking out the other then ? It would seem the right thing to do I think rather than invading her
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          On 21/11/2012 16:00, jim_learned wrote:
          >
          >
          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "mrobinson52"
          > <mrobinson52@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Douglas" <douglas.reay@>
          >> wrote:
          >>>
          >>> If you are a invading the home city of someone you KNOW to
          >>> also be a very strong genius spark capable of improvising
          >>> weapons quickly (such as the sword for Gil to fight slaver
          >>> wasps with on the airship), which would worry you more...
          >>>
          >>> A) Your opponent is sending waves of new fearsome
          >>> creations at you, slaying lots of your warriors
          >>>
          >>> or
          >>>
          >>> B) Your opponent appears to be doing absolutely nothing
          >>> effective at all
          >>>
          >>> ?
          >>>
          >>> The Other will be over confident but Klaus, if in his
          >>> right mind, knows enough to be REALLY worried.
          >>>
          >> I am not sure if Klaus is in his right mind or his left
          >> mind, but it occurred to me that he might be once again
          >> testing Gil. That would sort of bring us full circle to the
          >> first volume. I wonder if under all the other problems, if
          >> perhaps Klaus is not as much under the influence of Lucrezia
          >> as he seems, but wants to play this out to see how Gil will
          >> react and overcome all of the obstacles as a big test. Maybe
          >> the plan Klaus has is to see if Gil can free his father and
          >> help his girlfriend secure Mechanicsburg so that Klaus can
          >> finally retire and let Gil run the Empire while Klaus goes
          >> back to his wife and the carefree life of being Chump.
          >>
          >> Mary
          >>
          >
          > Possible spoilers...{I hope!)
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          >
          > Klaus wouldn't need a huge army to take out Agatha. I think
          > his intention is to confront the Other once and for all. Once
          > the Other is defeated, the wasp will be moot. He would prefer
          > to have a functioning Castle to take on the Other, which is
          > why he is invading it instead of smashing it.

          In that case why doesn't Klaus ask Agatha fir her help in taking
          out the other then ?

          It would seem the right thing to do I think rather than invading
          her home!
        • deansurkin
          ... IIRC, Klaus isn t aware that the locket he fixed suppresses the Other. He thinks Agatha is still under the Other s constant control. --Dean L. Surkin
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Martin J Hooper <martinjh@...> wrote:
            >
            >
            >
            > In that case why doesn't Klaus ask Agatha fir her help in taking
            > out the other then ?
            >
            > It would seem the right thing to do I think rather than invading
            > her home!
            >

            IIRC, Klaus isn't aware that the locket he fixed suppresses the Other. He thinks Agatha is still under the Other's constant control.

            --Dean L. Surkin
          • ravyng
            ... Don t forget that Dimo gave a pretty thorough report on the situation to the Jäger generals, and Boris was there. We learned recently that Boris *has*
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 21, 2012
            • 0 Attachment
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "deansurkin" <dsurkin@...> wrote:

              > IIRC, Klaus isn't aware that the locket he fixed suppresses the Other. He thinks Agatha is still under the Other's constant control.

              Don't forget that Dimo gave a pretty thorough report on the situation to the Jäger generals, and Boris was there. We learned recently that Boris *has* reported this to the Baron. They may not know about the locket, but they *do* know that Agatha is battling the Other in her head.

              Yngvar
            • god
              ... probably because he s been ordered NOT to via the wasp, and this is his way of circumventing those orders while still complying WITH those orders at the
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 22, 2012
              • 0 Attachment
                On 11/21/2012 08:51, Martin J Hooper wrote:

                > In that case why doesn't Klaus ask Agatha fir her help in taking
                > out the other then ?
                >
                > It would seem the right thing to do I think rather than invading
                > her home!

                probably because he's been ordered NOT to via the wasp, and this is his
                way of circumventing those orders while still complying WITH those
                orders at the same time...
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.