Re: (unknown)

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 19, 2012
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "tom_brosz" <tbrosz@...> wrote:
      > By the way, whatever happened to all those dingbots? You'd think repairs would be going a lot smoother than this.

      Must have all wound down.

      -Steve
    • Rose Marie Mack
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 19, 2012
        You would think those smart little gadgets would figure out how to wind up each other.

        Rose Marie

        "Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."  Mark Twain

        >________________________________

      • Edward Rhodes
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 26, 2012

          You would think those smart little gadgets would figure out how to wind up each other.

          ***
          You forget that each generation of dingbot is slightly stupider than the previous. So by this point, a lot of them are just bumping into walls.
          Besides, it's not the repairs per se, it's the power levels. The dingbots have nothing to do with that.

        • aseachangea
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 26, 2012
            Ed wrote

            > [snip] Besides, it's not the repairs per se, it's the power levels. The dingbots have nothing to do with that.

            Maybe. I think of them as being semi-autonomous and having sparky qualities, so that they can both anticipate that this is a problem that needs solved, and to solve this problem by re-wiring the castle differently/better.

            Sea Change, who wonders if they can hold others in front of the huge wheel in the Dyne to rewind.