A Spark?

  • jsheikg
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2012
      Maybe Agatha can wire up a Dreen to DK?
      They look like a handy power source.
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2, 2012
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@...> wrote:

        > Maybe Agatha can wire up a Dreen to DK?
        > They look like a handy power source.

        I wonder where they come from. You would think that a spark who could build those would not get conquered.

        -Steve
      • K. R. McClure
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2012

          > Maybe Agatha can wire up a Dreen to DK?
          > They look like a handy power source.

          I wonder where they come from. You would think that a spark who could build those would not get conquered.

          -Steve

          ----------------------------

          Perhaps they had a philisophical disagreement with their maker?

          They kind of remind me of the Babylon 5 beings the Shadows left behind, the Drakh.

          Kate McClure
          Whatever does not kill me had better run damn fast.

        • jsheikg
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 2, 2012
            > I wonder where they come from. You would think that a spark who could build those would not get conquered.

            I wondered the same thing.
            I suspect their Achilles's Heel was their creator himself.
            Being unstoppable does not mean unavoidable, and the Baron took advantage of that.
            Then, without a leader, the Dreen latched onto Wulfenbach.
          • jim_learned
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 2, 2012
              > I wonder where they come from. You would think that a spark who could build those would not get conquered.
              >
              > -Steve

              It's also possible that *nobody* built them. Then there would be no spark to conquer. Perhaps they are following the Baron out of their own free will. Or maybe the Baron impressed them with his desire for order, or his ruthlessness. There's just no way for us to know right now what motivates them.

              - Jim
            • David Goldfarb
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 3, 2012
                On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM, jim_learned <jlearned66@...> wrote:
                > > I wonder where they come from. You would think that a spark who could
                > > build those would not get conquered.
                > >
                > > -Steve
                > >

                > It's also possible that *nobody* built them. Then there would be no spark
                > to conquer. Perhaps they are following the Baron out of their own free will.
                > Or maybe the Baron impressed them with his desire for order, or his
                > ruthlessness. There's just no way for us to know right now what motivates
                > them.

                One other possibility nobody has mentioned yet: They are the work of
                the Wulfenbach family, perhaps of the Baron himself.

                David Goldfarb
              • Elliott Olson
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 4, 2012
                  Friday, November 2, 2012, 10:29:04 AM, Steven Paul Rewa, M.S. wrote:

                  SPRMS> --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@...> wrote:

                  >> Maybe Agatha can wire up a Dreen to DK?
                  >> They look like a handy power source.

                  SPRMS> I wonder where they come from. You would think that a spark
                  SPRMS> who could build those would not get conquered.

                  Unless they were conquered by their creation http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20040723

                  --
                  Best regards,
                  Elliott mailto:ejolson@...
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...> wrote:
                    > One other possibility nobody has mentioned yet: They are the work of
                    > the Wulfenbach family, perhaps of the Baron himself.

                    That could be, but if that were the case, I think he'd have more of them. As far as I can tell there are only two.

                    -Steve
                  • Mary Lumsden
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 5, 2012
                      On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 8:03 AM, Steven Paul Rewa, M.S.
                      <rewastev@...>wrote:

                      > **
                      >
                      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...> wrote:
                      > > One other possibility nobody has mentioned yet: They are the work of
                      > > the Wulfenbach family, perhaps of the Baron himself.
                      > >
                      > That could be, but if that were the case, I think he'd have more of them.
                      > As far as I can tell there are only two.
                      > -Steve

                      Or they liked working for the Baron.
                      Remember, severance pay or jobs with the Baron.
                      I dont think the Baron had to conquer all the places.
                      Alot of ppl simply joined the Baron.
                      Dreen couldve done it too.