One Ilusion Is as Good as Another

  • jim_learned
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 25, 2012
      The illusion of a disorganized invasion is wiped away to reveal a massive and disciplined army. However, the post-reveal picture could be an illusion too. Perhaps the truth is something in between? And why should the Baron even bother with an invasion? He could have wiped out the castle from afar. Does he want to keep the castle intact for some reason?
      Jim Learned
    • jsheikg
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 25, 2012
        <snip>
        Does he want to keep the castle intact for some reason?

        Odds are he's playing a double game.
        For the sake of his son he wants Agatha intact, or at the very least accounted for.
        For the sake of the Empire he wants to hunt down _all_ of the Lucrezia copies, and he can't afford to wipe out the forensic evidence as to their whereabouts.
      • darlid01
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 26, 2012
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@...> wrote:

          > <snip>
          > Does he want to keep the castle intact for some reason?
          >
          > Odds are he's playing a double game.
          > For the sake of his son he wants Agatha intact, or at the very least accounted for.
          > For the sake of the Empire he wants to hunt down _all_ of the Lucrezia copies, and he can't afford to wipe out the forensic evidence as to their whereabouts.

          He brought enough fire power to level Mechanicsburg earlier. And I'm guessing that's Punch and Judy that are talking to Agatha now.
        • darlid01
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "darlid01" <darlid01@...> wrote:

            > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@> wrote:
            > >

            > > <snip>
            > > Does he want to keep the castle intact for some reason?
            > >
            > > Odds are he's playing a double game.
            > > For the sake of his son he wants Agatha intact, or at the very least accounted for.
            > > For the sake of the Empire he wants to hunt down _all_ of the Lucrezia copies, and he can't afford to wipe out the forensic evidence as to their whereabouts.
            > >
            > He brought enough fire power to level Mechanicsburg earlier. And I'm guessing that's Punch and Judy that are talking to Agatha now.

            Well, I was obviously wrong on that.
            What is a dreen?
          • tiepilot.geo
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "darlid01" <darlid01@...> wrote:

              > > He brought enough fire power to level Mechanicsburg earlier. And I'm guessing that's Punch and Judy that are talking to Agatha now.
              > >
              > Well, I was obviously wrong on that.
              > What is a dreen?

              ....Splatted?
            • gadgetdon@mac.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
                On Oct 29, 2012, at 8:27 AM, darlid01 <darlid01@...> wrote:

                > What is a dreen?

                I don't think they appeared in the graphical story yet, but they were mentioned in the first novel. In the fight against the slaver wasps, they could kill the slaver wasps with a touch and the dreen were the only ones the wasps seemed afraid of.
              • Trouble Sturm
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
                  On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 8:47 AM, <gadgetdon@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > On Oct 29, 2012, at 8:27 AM, darlid01 <darlid01@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > What is a dreen?
                  >
                  > I don't think they appeared in the graphical story yet, but they were
                  > mentioned in the first novel. In the fight against the slaver wasps, they
                  > could kill the slaver wasps with a touch and the dreen were the only ones
                  > the wasps seemed afraid of.

                  The cone-headed things in the background of this fight scene, near the
                  center of the bottom page, are the dreen.

                  rh
                  Trouble

                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
                    Okay, I don’t think this particular observation is worth any Moxanna points. Everybody knows that the Dreen is going to stand up, look back at the oversized chess piece and say something along the lines of, “Do you mind? I’m working here.”

                    (Sorry, no quack. Hovart is still on the road. Has anybody seen my duck?)

                    Jack

                  • David Goldfarb
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 29, 2012
                      On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 11:50 AM, <werewolfbynight13@...> wrote:

                      > Okay, I don’t think this particular observation is worth any Moxanna
                      > points. Everybody knows that the Dreen is going to stand up, look back at
                      > the oversized chess piece and say something along the lines of, “Do you
                      > mind? I’m working here.”

                      Yeah, I definitely don't think that's worth any Moxana points. It's
                      like in Dragonball Z when someone in a fight momentarily gets the
                      upper hand, and slams their opponent into the ground and then peppers
                      them with fireballs, raising a big cloud of dust. Meanwhile I'm
                      sitting there saying to myself, "That trick never works!" Invariably
                      when the dust clears, the opponent is standing there unhurt.

                      (When somebody in DBZ actually dies, you know it, because you see
                      their body dissolving.)

                      David Goldfarb