Re: Dragons.. and Dragons

  • ravyng
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 6, 2012
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Nicky" <krasowska@...> wrote:

      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." <rewastev@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I don't think this dragon was a spark. Mostly because he's not the only one. There were more of them a couple hundred years ago. If he was unique I think your odds would be better.
      >
      > Yeah, I'm thinking the general remembers some spark made a bunch of these dragons, and the Jaegers thought they had taken care of that.

      I was about to ask Steven about his references for past dragons before you wrote this. You're *still* talking about dragons made by sparks in the past, and this dragon is mocking Franz for not being a true dragon, which seems to imply that he himself is not a construct like Franz. In his own opinion, of course, but I'd think there would have to be *some* difference that he could point to in support of that.

      > Am I the only one wondering what happened to Franz's accent? When we first met him, he talked like a Jaeger. Now he talks like Von Zinzer.

      If you're talking of this, I don't think it's like a J├Ąger, exactly ("trying" rather than "tryink"), and not inconsistent with how he speaks now. It's just the slurred speech of someone who has just woken up.

      Yngvar
      Message 2 of 14 , Oct 8, 2012
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "ravyng" <yngfoel@...> wrote:
        > I was about to ask Steven about his references for past dragons before you wrote this. You're *still* talking about dragons made by sparks in the past, and this dragon is mocking Franz for not being a true dragon, which seems to imply that he himself is not a construct like Franz. In his own opinion, of course, but I'd think there would have to be *some* difference that he could point to in support of that.

        Sorry, I could have posted a link, but it was only a couple days ago. Just to be clear, I'm not argueing one way or another on whether this red guy was born or built. I just don't think he started out as a human spark.