Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Girl Genius] Re: Power to the Castle - Moloch von Zinzer - 2012-07-25

Expand Messages
  • Donald Brown
    ... The first book covers Bang s report on the experiences, about page 380 on the eBook on my iPad. Factually, nothing clearer, though some descriptions are
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 31, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      On Jul 31, 2012, at 7:45 PM, babylon_tom <babylon_tom@...> wrote:

      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Cerrberus" <cerrberus@...> wrote:
      >> --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, god <god@> wrote:
      >>>
      >>
      >> Anyone with the all-text novelisation care to say whether the time windows sequence is clearer in the novel?
      >>
      >> Cerrberus
      >>
      >
      > The novel gave no further clarity than the current web-comic panes. If anything, there was less detail. I don't think the novel got up to the Bang viewing, but defiantly the Agatha encounter in the allyway.
      >
      > :thomas

      The first book covers Bang's report on the experiences, about page 380 on the eBook on my iPad. Factually, nothing clearer, though some descriptions are interesting. She describes Gil as older and more solidly built, and more serious. Gil has gotten these since the start of the story.

      She also says the Geisterdamen clothes don't suit Gil, and when he called Agatha "mistress":

      "For what it’s worth, he looked kind of annoyed, and he’s saying it like he’s saying something stupid"
    • ravyng
      ... It s on pages 179-180 of the printed edition. ... Still, I do get the impression that it might be *years* later. The story still hasn t lasted more than
      Message 2 of 23 , Aug 5, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Donald Brown <gadgetdon@...> wrote:

        > The first book covers Bang's report on the experiences, about page 380 on the eBook on my iPad.

        It's on pages 179-180 of the printed edition.

        > Factually, nothing clearer, though some descriptions are interesting. She describes Gil as older and more solidly built, and more serious. Gil has gotten these since the start of the story.

        Still, I do get the impression that it might be *years* later. The story still hasn't lasted more than some months, has it? It's hard to tell for sure.

        > She also says the Geisterdamen clothes don't suit Gil, and when he called Agatha "mistress":
        >
        > "For what it’s worth, he looked kind of annoyed, and he’s saying it like he’s saying something stupid"

        Well, this is just the book saying the same thing that the comic did with just a pair of quotes around the word. The quotes wouldn't make the same impression in the book since *all* dialogue has them. I wonder if anyone who just read the book, and not the comic, would realize that Moloch was the third person in the vision.

        Then, the book does add some details that the comic skipped, such as exactly what Bang wanted Klaus to do for her, or the true identity of Dr. Dimitri. The last thing was an odd omission in the comic, since it did tell us enough to realize that there was a small mystery there, but it never gave the resolution.

        I've been thinking a little more on what the Agatha/Gil/Moloch party in the time window might be looking for, and now I think maybe it could be one of the Muses. Moloch and his compatriots had worked for the Duke D'Omas, who supposedly liked to build his own artificial women (eww). It would make sense that he'd have taken one of them, and it could easily have ended up in the gunboat when Moloch & co made a run for it.

        Probably suggested a million times before?

        Yngvar
      • god
        ... nah, they were looking for Moloch s BROTHERS, the ones that escaped the burning wreckage in a different direction from him, as they were ALL trying to
        Message 3 of 23 , Aug 5, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          On 8/5/2012 09:51, ravyng wrote:

          > I've been thinking a little more on what the Agatha/Gil/Moloch party
          > in the time window might be looking for, and now I think maybe it
          > could be one of the Muses. Moloch and his compatriots had worked for
          > the Duke D'Omas, who supposedly liked to build his own artificial
          > women (eww). It would make sense that he'd have taken one of them,
          > and it could easily have ended up in the gunboat when Moloch & co
          > made a run for it.
          >
          > Probably suggested a million times before?
          >
          > Yngvar

          nah, they were looking for Moloch's BROTHERS, the ones that escaped the
          burning wreckage in a different direction from him, as they were ALL
          trying to escape from BANG!... from Agatha's side of the time window,
          enough time has passed that things have settled down and she can afford
          to do those little things to help out the help... like using your Spark
          in order to figure a way to track down your Chief Minion's surviving
          family... while there MAY be an ulterior motive involved, i doubt it,
          that would be too far from what Agatha's been shown to be like (so far).
        • ravyng
          ... No? There s so much weirdness in the vision, like Gil s clothing and the Geisterdame, that one thing it does *not* look like is a calm day with nothing
          Message 4 of 23 , Aug 5, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, god <god@...> wrote:

            > nah, they were looking for Moloch's BROTHERS, the ones that escaped the
            > burning wreckage in a different direction from him, as they were ALL
            > trying to escape from BANG!... from Agatha's side of the time window,
            > enough time has passed that things have settled down and she can afford
            > to do those little things to help out the help... like using your Spark
            > in order to figure a way to track down your Chief Minion's surviving
            > family... while there MAY be an ulterior motive involved, i doubt it,
            > that would be too far from what Agatha's been shown to be like (so far).

            No? There's so much weirdness in the vision, like Gil's clothing and the Geisterdame, that one thing it does *not* look like is a calm day with nothing else to do. I think there must be some compelling reason to do this, related to her current mission/task/quest/whatever. Time travel seems like a pretty big deal, with a huge potential for unintended consequences. It depends, of course, to what degree she can actually influence events in the past.

            I must admit that I thought of the Muses because I reread the part where Tarvek said that he hoped to find all nine of them.

            Yngvar
          • Donald Brown
            ... Here s my guess, and I m almost certain I m wrong on some of the details. They ve broken into an enclave of the Geisterdamen, maybe even their other
            Message 5 of 23 , Aug 5, 2012
            • 0 Attachment
              On Aug 5, 2012, at 3:32 PM, ravyng <yngfoel@...> wrote:

              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, god <god@...> wrote:
              >
              >> nah, they were looking for Moloch's BROTHERS, the ones that escaped the
              >> burning wreckage in a different direction from him, as they were ALL
              >> trying to escape from BANG!... from Agatha's side of the time window,
              >> enough time has passed that things have settled down and she can afford
              >> to do those little things to help out the help... like using your Spark
              >> in order to figure a way to track down your Chief Minion's surviving
              >> family... while there MAY be an ulterior motive involved, i doubt it,
              >> that would be too far from what Agatha's been shown to be like (so far).
              >
              > No? There's so much weirdness in the vision, like Gil's clothing and the Geisterdame, that one thing it does *not* look like is a calm day with nothing else to do. I think there must be some compelling reason to do this, related to her current mission/task/quest/whatever. Time travel seems like a pretty big deal, with a huge potential for unintended consequences. It depends, of course, to what degree she can actually influence events in the past.

              Here's my guess, and I'm almost certain I'm wrong on some of the details.

              They've broken into an enclave of the Geisterdamen, maybe even their other dimension. Maybe they're passing Agatha off as Lucrezia, maybe it's a group of rebel Geisterdamen. In being shown around, Agatha and gang are shown the Time Window device, maybe even as a challenge of "only the Goddess could control it".

              So they've got a window controller, what then? And Moloch speaks up and makes a request.

              Maybe it's a test run before serious work, maybe it's just the test.

              BTW, is it Moloch's biological brothers, or just teammates? I got the impression he only had one brother, who is now dead.
            • edbdiver@aol.com
              Here s my guess, and I m almost certain I m wrong on some of the details. They ve broken into an enclave of the Geisterdamen, maybe even their other
              Message 6 of 23 , Aug 6, 2012
              • 0 Attachment
                Here's my guess, and I'm almost certain I'm wrong on some of the details.

                They've broken into an enclave of the Geisterdamen, maybe even their other
                dimension. Maybe they're passing Agatha off as Lucrezia, maybe it's a
                group of rebel Geisterdamen. In being shown around, Agatha and gang are shown
                the Time Window device, maybe even as a challenge of "only the Goddess could
                control it".

                Perhaps that explains the implied sarcasm in Gil's addressing Agatha as
                "Hey, 'Mistress' " in the Time Window

                [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.