Re: [Girl Genius] Friday June 1

  • Daniel W. Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
      On 2012-06-01 00:37, johnpaul613 wrote:
      Spoiler Space

      > Wasp Eaters?!?

      Would you rather call them Wasp Hunters?

      Daniel W. Johnson
      panoptes@...
      http://members.iquest.net/~panoptes/
      039 53 36 N / 086 11 55 W
    • Joseph H
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "johnpaul613" <saintandsinner.jmj@...> wrote:

        > Wasp Eaters?!?

        That was my thought IMMEDIATELY after seeing the strip.

        Oh, Tarvek, what HAVE you done?
      • Mary Lumsden
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
          On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Joseph H <jwhouk@...> wrote:

          > **
          >

          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "johnpaul613" <saintandsinner.jmj@...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > Wasp Eaters?!?
          > >

          > That was my thought IMMEDIATELY after seeing the strip.
          >
          > Oh, Tarvek, what HAVE you done?

          Look at their helmets.
          Those are dead wasp warrior heads from wayyyy back when Gil and Agatha
          fought the Hive Engine.
          Tarvek, alerted them first thing to the possiblity that the Baron was
          infected. (until he heard the story he didnt know that the Other had him
          under her control... but he did know of the wasping)

          So whats the first thing you do if want to walk undetected? Get ride of the
          alarms- aka the force that fights the wasps.

          Dr. Ter'an Humor.

        • William Ansley
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
            On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 9:53 AM, Joseph H <jwhouk@...> wrote:

            > **
            >

            > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "johnpaul613" <saintandsinner.jmj@...>
            > wrote:
            > >

            > > Wasp Eaters?!?
            > >

            > That was my thought IMMEDIATELY after seeing the strip.
            >
            > Oh, Tarvek, what HAVE you done?

            "Wasp eaters" is just another name for what are commonly referred to as the
            wasp weasels. It what the members of the Vespiary Squad (aka wasp hunters;
            in other words the guys on the crashed airship in today's page of Girl
            Genius) call the weasels. I can't give you a reference page right now, but
            it is in comic and/or novels somewhere.

            --
            William Ansley

          • Donald Brown
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
              On 6/1/12 7:34 AM, William Ansley wrote:
              > "Wasp eaters" is just another name for what are commonly referred to as the
              > wasp weasels. It what the members of the Vespiary Squad (aka wasp hunters;
              > in other words the guys on the crashed airship in today's page of Girl
              > Genius) call the weasels. I can't give you a reference page right now, but
              > it is in comic and/or novels somewhere.
              It's in the section "DuPree is Brought Up To Speed"

              And it is fairly obvious (well, in retrospect) - if there's one thing
              Lucrezia does NOT want around, it's something that alerts when someone
              is wasped. So she had Klaus create some weasels to shriek on command
              (identifying Gil and perhaps others as wasped), and get the real weasels
              and their handlers disposed of.
            • William Ansley
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
                On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 10:34 AM, William Ansley <williamansley@...>wrote:

                "Wasp eaters" is just another name for what are commonly referred to as the
                > wasp weasels. It what the members of the Vespiary Squad (aka wasp hunters;
                > in other words the guys on the crashed airship in today's page of Girl
                > Genius) call the weasels. I can't give you a reference page right now, but
                > it is in comic and/or novels somewhere.

                The name wasp eater is mentioned in the second novel on page 319. It is not
                in the corresponding scene in the comic; it may not be mentioned in the
                comic at all.

                --
                William Ansley

              • William Ansley
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
                  On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Donald Brown <gadgetdon@...> wrote:

                  > **
                  >

                  > On 6/1/12 7:34 AM, William Ansley wrote:
                  > > I can't give you a reference page [for wasp eater] right now, but
                  > > it is in comic and/or novels somewhere.
                  > It's in the section "DuPree is Brought Up To Speed"
                  >
                  > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20060317

                  Actually, it isn't. The term "wasp eater" isn't used on that page,
                  although it is used on the corresponding scene in the second Girl Genius
                  novel, on page 319 of _Agatha H and the Clockwork Princess_. I'm not sure
                  whether wasp weasel occurs anywhere in the comics.

                  --
                  William Ansley

                • jackie_lee_turner
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 1, 2012
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, William Ansley <williamansley@...> wrote:

                    > On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 10:34 AM, William Ansley <williamansley@...>wrote:
                    >
                    > "Wasp eaters" is just another name for what are commonly referred to as the
                    > > wasp weasels. It what the members of the Vespiary Squad (aka wasp hunters;
                    > > in other words the guys on the crashed airship in today's page of Girl
                    > > Genius) call the weasels. I can't give you a reference page right now, but
                    > > it is in comic and/or novels somewhere.
                    > >

                    > The name wasp eater is mentioned in the second novel on page 319. It is not
                    > in the corresponding scene in the comic; it may not be mentioned in the
                    > comic at all.
                    >
                    > --
                    > William Ansley

                    And what's with the two vespiary guys with the sideways hats?