Girl Genius Dec 02, 2011 - " ... tricky"

  • babylon_tom
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
      dum dum de dum dum]

      --------------- soiler space begins --------------

      the hair of our heroine is golden
      quite a lot of it is seen
      wafting, waving in the wind, benden
      held aloft by conditioner & creme
      splendid tis the mane of magnificence
      and remarkable in the lack of burn marks or grease spots

      ahem - yes, it's the soon-to-be infamous 'bad spoiler space day'. um, I think it's 200 characters or 200 lines, or 20 lines that makes up a good spoiler space. So a couple more terms, indents and several novel words might work out well.

      'abacinate' - to blind by putting a hot copper basin near someone's eyes.
      abededarian - a person who is learning the alphabet
      autolatry - the worship of one's self.

      --------------- soiler space ends --------------

      who the heck are these with heads in jars and speaking mouths atop waking crab nightmare constructions. I really am getting the feeling that the Baron was not up to the right level of empire management with all the fringe players appearing like this.

      and -

      <anticipation>
      ... is that Gil's lightning wand in Agatha's hand I see?
      </anticipation>

      Thomas
    • Mary Lumsden
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
        On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:16 AM, babylon_tom <babylon_tom@...>wrote:

        > **
        >

        > dum dum de dum dum]
        >
        > --------------- soiler space begins --------------
        >
        > the hair of our heroine is golden
        > quite a lot of it is seen
        > wafting, waving in the wind, benden
        > held aloft by conditioner & creme
        > splendid tis the mane of magnificence
        > and remarkable in the lack of burn marks or grease spots
        >
        > ahem - yes, it's the soon-to-be infamous 'bad spoiler space day'. um, I
        > think it's 200 characters or 200 lines, or 20 lines that makes up a good
        > spoiler space. So a couple more terms, indents and several novel words
        > might work out well.
        >
        > 'abacinate' - to blind by putting a hot copper basin near someone's eyes.
        > abededarian - a person who is learning the alphabet
        > autolatry - the worship of one's self.
        >
        > --------------- soiler space ends --------------
        >
        > who the heck are these with heads in jars and speaking mouths atop waking
        > crab nightmare constructions. I really am getting the feeling that the
        > Baron was not up to the right level of empire management with all the
        > fringe players appearing like this.
        >
        > and -
        >
        > <anticipation>
        > ... is that Gil's lightning wand in Agatha's hand I see?
        > </anticipation>
        >
        > Thomas

        --Just in case more spoiler space is needed.
        Hi ho hi ho
        Its off to fighting we will go.
        *whistling*
        Together with Jaegers, Clacks, and Minions galore.
        Mechanicburg will give you what for!

        --And yes, she s had that stick for a little bit now.
        Remember too, she has a gift for seeing whats been done and figuring a
        better and more useful method.
        And she s spent alot of time repairing Der Kastle and putting up with alot
        of doubt.
        Now is the perfect time to left off a little steam and use some of the
        warrior skill's Zeetha has been teaching her in combo with her Sparky
        Heterodyning.
        Woot! The Foolish crab people should be fleeing in fear!

        Dr. Ter'an Humor
        - who is quite enjoying this part of the story

      • Jerethi50
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
          For some reason, they remind me of doctor eggman aka dr robotnik, from sonic, inside of his flying egg thing, just umm, with legs and a mouth on top lol.

          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "babylon_tom" <babylon_tom@...> wrote:

          > dum dum de dum dum]
          >
          > --------------- soiler space begins --------------
          >
          > the hair of our heroine is golden
          > quite a lot of it is seen
          > wafting, waving in the wind, benden
          > held aloft by conditioner & creme
          > splendid tis the mane of magnificence
          > and remarkable in the lack of burn marks or grease spots
          >
          > ahem - yes, it's the soon-to-be infamous 'bad spoiler space day'. um, I think it's 200 characters or 200 lines, or 20 lines that makes up a good spoiler space. So a couple more terms, indents and several novel words might work out well.
          >
          > 'abacinate' - to blind by putting a hot copper basin near someone's eyes.
          > abededarian - a person who is learning the alphabet
          > autolatry - the worship of one's self.
          >
          > --------------- soiler space ends --------------
          >
          > who the heck are these with heads in jars and speaking mouths atop waking crab nightmare constructions. I really am getting the feeling that the Baron was not up to the right level of empire management with all the fringe players appearing like this.
          >
          > and -
          >
          > <anticipation>
          > ... is that Gil's lightning wand in Agatha's hand I see?
          > </anticipation>
          >
          > Thomas

        • Joshua Kronengold
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 1, 2011
            On 12/2/2011 12:47 AM, Mary Lumsden wrote:
            > On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 12:16 AM, babylon_tom <babylon_tom@...
            > <mailto:babylon_tom%40yahoo.com.au>>wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > dum dum de dum dum]
            > >
            > > --------------- soiler space begins --------------
            > >
            > > the hair of our heroine is golden
            > > quite a lot of it is seen
            > > wafting, waving in the wind, benden
            > > held aloft by conditioner & creme
            > > splendid tis the mane of magnificence
            > > and remarkable in the lack of burn marks or grease spots
            > >
            > > ahem - yes, it's the soon-to-be infamous 'bad spoiler space day'. um, I
            > > think it's 200 characters or 200 lines, or 20 lines that makes up a good
            > > spoiler space. So a couple more terms, indents and several novel words
            > > might work out well.
            > >
            > > 'abacinate' - to blind by putting a hot copper basin near someone's eyes.
            > > abededarian - a person who is learning the alphabet
            > > autolatry - the worship of one's self.
            > >
            > > --------------- soiler space ends --------------
            > >
            > > who the heck are these with heads in jars and speaking mouths atop waking
            > > crab nightmare constructions. I really am getting the feeling that the
            > > Baron was not up to the right level of empire management with all the
            > > fringe players appearing like this.

            Pah! The Baron barely had a generation to work, and wasn't willing to
            be an evil despot beyond what was necessary to keep the peace. So yeah,
            lots of conspiracies.

            But...look closer. Those aren't heads in jars; they are guys in suits
            operating crab machines (you can see them moving levers around with
            their hands!)

            What's more interesting is -what- they're saying. Are these actually
            wulfenbach shock troops? Because calling agatha a "witch" ties in
            nicely with der baron's little fairy story and him believing her to be
            the Other.

            Or maybe there's a common idea that all female sparks are witches; that
            seems to fit the prejudices of certain classes combined with very few
            living female sparks.

            > > <anticipation>
            > > ... is that Gil's lightning wand in Agatha's hand I see?
            > > </anticipation>

            Oh, yes.

            > --And yes, she s had that stick for a little bit now.
            > Remember too, she has a gift for seeing whats been done and figuring a
            > better and more useful method.
            > And she s spent alot of time repairing Der Kastle and putting up with alot
            > of doubt.
            > Now is the perfect time to left off a little steam and use some of the
            > warrior skill's Zeetha has been teaching her in combo with her Sparky
            > Heterodyning.
            > Woot! The Foolish crab people should be fleeing in fear!

            Yeah; I'm expecting to see some bad-assery from the blonde one any time now.
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kronengold <mneme@...> wrote:
              > Or maybe there's a common idea that all female sparks are witches; that
              > seems to fit the prejudices of certain classes combined with very few
              > living female sparks.

              Here you go:

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "babylon_tom" <babylon_tom@...> wrote:
                > who the heck are these with heads in jars and speaking mouths atop waking crab nightmare constructions. I really am getting the feeling that the Baron was not up to the right level of empire management with all the fringe players appearing like this.

                Right level or not, the rule was always that you get left alone until you violate the peace. It seems to work well so long as the empire is firmly in power.

                By themselves they don't look too bad. It's only because they're combined with a thousand other fringe groups all at once that they're troublesome.

                -Steve
              • brendawriter@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Paul Rewa, M.S." <rewastev@...> wrote:

                  > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "babylon_tom" <babylon_tom@> wrote:
                  > > who the heck are these with heads in jars and speaking mouths atop waking crab nightmare constructions. I really am getting the feeling that the Baron was not up to the right level of empire management with all the fringe players appearing like this.
                  > >

                  > Right level or not, the rule was always that you get left alone until you violate the peace. It seems to work well so long as the empire is firmly in power.
                  >
                  > By themselves they don't look too bad. It's only because they're combined with a thousand other fringe groups all at once that they're troublesome.
                  >
                  > -Steve

                  The remind me of the Avenger of East Krumminney. It is my expectation that they will be despatched just as fast.

                  Brenda
                • tom_brosz
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 2, 2011
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "babylon_tom" <babylon_tom@...> wrote:

                    > <anticipation>
                    > ... is that Gil's lightning wand in Agatha's hand I see?
                    > </anticipation>
                    >
                    > Thomas

                    Sure hope somebody's been repairing Gil's Supercharged Atmospheric Ionization Engines (pat. pend.)!