Re: [Girl Genius] Re: Girl Genius Nov 20, 2011 - "A New Record"

  • Daniel W. Johnson
    Message 1 of 33 , Nov 30, 2011
      On 2011-11-30 14:15, Marie wrote:
      > No, I'm "stuck" on that too. And how are they not magnetic now?

      Without invasive surgery, such magnetization can't last more than a few
      years.
      --
      Daniel W. Johnson
      panoptes@...
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 2, 2011
        Quoting David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...>:

        > On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 5:58 PM, petecady <oldblevins@...> wrote:
        >> I think it was Larry Niven wrote an article, a long time back,
        >> about the Superman/Lois Lane relationship and the problems
        >> involved...entitled "Man of Steel, Woman of Putty," if I recall
        >> correctly. Somewhat on point.
        >
        > Yes it was Niven, but it was "Kleenex" rather than "Putty". (And he
        > overlooked the obvious solution of having them consummate their
        > marriage in the bottle city of Kandor, where Superman had no powers.

        It also overlooked the fact that Superman was a regular visitor to
        Kandor...which was a Kryptonian city, albeit miniaturized by Brainiac,
        and populated by Kryptonians to whom Supes was a big hero. My guess
        is that in "off-screen" time there, he got so much action that getting
        away was kind of a relief. "Have pity, ladies! I'm only one man,
        albeit a highly oversexed one!"