Re: [Girl Genius] Re: No Body = Not Dead

  • Mary Lumsden
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 1 5:34 AM
      On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 2:30 AM, fractal9091 <fractal9091@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > More spoilers here, I suppose.................................
      >

      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "tom_brosz" <tbrosz@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Spoiler in this one!
      > >
      > > .--- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "kamihirsch" <sprouts@> wrote:
      > > .>
      > > .> (No name here, so no spoiler.)
      > > .>
      > > .> Gee, Really?? Here's a link for you, Vole. Get a clue!
      > > .> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverFoundTheBody
      > > .>
      > >
      > > After all, it's not like the first time somebody dropped a house on him!
      > >

      > So I completely agree that he's not dead. However, if he were, this would
      > be a great chance for Gil and Tarvek to make a pact to work together - fight
      > though they may, they still seem to get along better than most Sparks! And
      > conquering and ruling Europa is probably a big enough task to require both
      > of them (and it doesn't seem like Agatha is all that interested in the job).
      >
      > Jonathan

      Dis is the Baron we are talking about.
      Dead is realitive thing anyways.
      and we got Ana- Luc that was with him. - oh he s not dead.

      But I predict there will be at least one of them getting into the madness
      place -possibly both.

      I also find it interesting how Tarvek knew the name Vole. - any thoughts on
      why?

    • Andrew Brouse
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 1 5:46 AM
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Mary Lumsden <mtlumsden@...> wrote:

        > Dis is the Baron we are talking about.
        > Dead is realitive thing anyways.
        > and we got Ana- Luc that was with him. - oh he s not dead.
        >
        > But I predict there will be at least one of them getting into the madness
        > place -possibly both.
        >
        > I also find it interesting how Tarvek knew the name Vole. - any thoughts on
        > why?

        Whether or not the Baron is alive is not my first thought here. Yeah, I wonder how Tarvek knows Vole. However, what is the object that Gil and Tarvek are hiding behind? Isn't that the "bridge"? Aren't they ON THE FLOOR with the FSMADDs? Along with Violetta?
      • Kenneth H
        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 1 6:02 AM
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "fractal9091" <fractal9091@...> wrote:

          > More spoilers here, I suppose................................. ..............................................................
          >
          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "tom_brosz" <tbrosz@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Spoiler in this one!

          Snipping engine (pat. pending) employed

          > So I completely agree that he's not dead. However, if he were, this would be a great chance for Gil and Tarvek to make a pact to work together - fight though they may, they still seem to get along better than most Sparks! And conquering and ruling Europa is probably a big enough task to require both of them (and it doesn't seem like Agatha is all that interested in the job).
          >
          > Jonathan

          Possible spoiler...

          ...though it's after 8:30 am EDT as I write this...

          Nice knowin' ya, Vole. He invoked You Killed My Father, likely to be followed by Unstoppable Rage (my guess) or possibly Tranquil Fury. Either way, this isn't even going to be _sporting_. Children and those with delicate sensibilities should avert their eyes.

          Best,
          Ken
        • Nicky
          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 1 7:54 AM
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth H" <khall39@...> wrote:

            > Nice knowin' ya, Vole. He invoked You Killed My Father, likely to be followed by Unstoppable Rage (my guess) or possibly Tranquil Fury. Either way, this isn't even going to be _sporting_. Children and those with delicate sensibilities should avert their eyes.

            I don't think Gil believes this for one moment. He knows his father well enough, and probably is sufficiently savvy in the Europa version of Not Without A Body And Sometimes Not Even Then, to realize that Vole's been fooled. So after a wry private smile, he'll be free to focus his attention on the situation at hand.

            Nicky
          • Mary Lumsden
            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 1 8:07 AM
              On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 10:54 AM, Nicky <krasowska@...> wrote:

              > **
              >

              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth H" <khall39@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Nice knowin' ya, Vole. He invoked You Killed My Father, likely to be
              > followed by Unstoppable Rage (my guess) or possibly Tranquil Fury. Either
              > way, this isn't even going to be _sporting_. Children and those with
              > delicate sensibilities should avert their eyes.
              >
              > I don't think Gil believes this for one moment. He knows his father well
              > enough, and probably is sufficiently savvy in the Europa version of Not
              > Without A Body And Sometimes Not Even Then, to realize that Vole's been
              > fooled. So after a wry private smile, he'll be free to focus his attention
              > on the situation at hand.
              >
              > Nicky

              I disagree. Just Vole stating or suggesting that, or being so quick to turn
              on 'em - oh I predict there will be at least one of them getting into the
              madness place -possibly both.

              I also find it interesting how Tarvek knew the name Vole. - any thoughts on
              why?

              Agatha has plans.. I know it!
              One good thing, all those other ppl mean that the Fun Madds will have others
              to go after.

              I still think Agatha will do something with them.

              Things are all getting pushed together into a climax. Cant wait to see how
              this goes!

            • brendawriter@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 1 9:20 AM
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "fractal9091" <fractal9091@...> wrote:

                > More spoilers here, I suppose................................. ..............................................................
                >
                > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "tom_brosz" <tbrosz@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Spoiler in this one!
                > >
                > > .--- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "kamihirsch" <sprouts@> wrote:
                > > .>
                > > .> (No name here, so no spoiler.)
                > > .>
                > > .> Gee, Really?? Here's a link for you, Vole. Get a clue!
                > > .> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverFoundTheBody
                > > .>
                > >
                > > After all, it's not like the first time somebody dropped a house on him!
                > >

                > So I completely agree that he's not dead. However, if he were, this would be a great chance for Gil and Tarvek to make a pact to work together - fight though they may, they still seem to get along better than most Sparks! And conquering and ruling Europa is probably a big enough task to require both of them (and it doesn't seem like Agatha is all that interested in the job).
                >
                > Jonathan

                Gil and Tarvek would never work together in concert, except with a powerful Agatha hand over them both. But under her aegis I am sure they could run Europa reasonably well. They could be the Heterodyne's Boys.

                Brenda
              • kamihirsch
                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 1 10:25 AM
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth H" <khall39@...> wrote:

                  > Nice knowin' ya, Vole. He invoked You Killed My Father, likely to be followed by Unstoppable Rage (my guess) or possibly Tranquil Fury. Either way, this isn't even going to be _sporting_. Children and those with delicate sensibilities should avert their eyes.
                  >
                  > Best,
                  > Ken

                  Yep. Make this a good memorable scene, Vole. I really doubt you'll be having another one. Fun Madds: Unite!
                • DARRELLSTEPHANIE
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 1 11:16 AM
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "fractal9091" <fractal9091@...> wrote:

                    > More spoilers here, I suppose................................. ..............................................................
                    >
                    > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "tom_brosz" <tbrosz@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Spoiler in this one!
                    > >
                    > > .--- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "kamihirsch" <sprouts@> wrote:
                    > > .>
                    > > .> (No name here, so no spoiler.)
                    > > .>
                    > > .> Gee, Really?? Here's a link for you, Vole. Get a clue!
                    > > .> http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NeverFoundTheBody
                    > > .>
                    > >
                    > > After all, it's not like the first time somebody dropped a house on him!
                    > >

                    > So I completely agree that he's not dead. However, if he were, this would be a great chance for Gil and Tarvek to make a pact to work together - fight though they may, they still seem to get along better than most Sparks! And conquering and ruling Europa is probably a big enough task to require both of them (and it doesn't seem like Agatha is all that interested in the job).
                    >
                    > Jonathan

                    Get along?! For two guys who profess to hate each other enough to kill, they sure keep saving each others' lives enough...

                    -Steph
                  • Edward Rhodes
                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 1 2:11 PM
                      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Kenneth H" <khall39@...> wrote:

                      > Nice knowin' ya, Vole. He invoked You Killed My Father, likely to be followed
                      >by Unstoppable Rage (my guess) or possibly Tranquil Fury. Either way, this isn't
                      >even going to be _sporting_. Children and those with delicate sensibilities
                      >should avert their eyes.
                      >
                      > Best,
                      > Ken

                      Yep. Make this a good memorable scene, Vole. I really doubt you'll be having
                      another one. Fun Madds: Unite!
                      ***
                      I'm gonna say "no!" I'm gonna go for the Moxanna points (and we've seen how well
                      I've been doing SO far!) and say that Vole can't go anywhere until he sees, with
                      his own two eyes, that he was wrong.
                      And I'm betting THAT (the Baron, looking down on him, VERY disappointed) will be
                      the last thing he sees!

                    • Edward Rhodes
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 1 2:12 PM
                        > So I completely agree that he's not dead. However, if he were, this would be
                        a great chance for Gil and Tarvek to make a pact to work together - fight though
                        they may, they still seem to get along better than most Sparks! And conquering
                        and ruling Europa is probably a big enough task to require both of them (and it
                        doesn't seem like Agatha is all that interested in the job).

                        > Jonathan

                        Get along?! For two guys who profess to hate each other enough to kill, they
                        sure keep saving each others' lives enough...
                        ***
                        I still want Gil's side of the whole; "I was just trying to protect him and he
                        got me kicked off the Castle" spiel we got from Tarvek oh so long ago!

                      • Joy Beeson
                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 1 3:05 PM
                          On 7/1/11 2:16 PM, DARRELLSTEPHANIE wrote:

                          > Get along?! For two guys who profess to hate each other
                          > enough to kill, they sure keep saving each others' lives
                          > enough...

                          Nobody's gonna kill you but ME!

                          I'm upset about what Vole's doing -- He's fixing to get
                          bumped off before we've heard his backstory!

                          --
                          Joy Beeson
                          http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/
                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 1 3:33 PM
                            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Joy Beeson <joybeeson@...> wrote:

                            > I'm upset about what Vole's doing -- He's fixing to get
                            > bumped off before we've heard his backstory!
                            >

                            > --
                            > Joy Beeson

                            Ah! Eureka!
                            All is Revealed!

                            Gilgamesh doesn't know Vole's back-story (Sent him to collect Agatha and now we viewers know he has a bad blood for the Heterodynes). Tarvek knows the name 'Vole'. When the battle is over Tarvek reveals all and Gil once again looks like a complete swine to Agatha (YOU sent HIM?!?!?!).

                            Love hurts, Gil. Poor baby. Better get used to it!
                          • Joseph H
                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 1 4:25 PM
                              WAG Friday Time:

                              Tarvek gives a quick explanation about Vole as they're being shot at; Tiktoffen gets thisclose to getting Agatha - just as Violetta either does the Heroic Sacrifice with a FUN-MADD, taking out Tiktoffen.

                              Otilla shows up *next* Friday just as Gil & Tarvek are about to be taken out by the other FUN-MADDs. She "calls off the dogs" while Agatha finally fixes "the break" - and nothing happens.

                              We go back for a week of what's happening outside the castle, finding out what happened to the hospital, what Van and Boris are doing...

                              And then, suddenly, the Doom Bell rings.
                            • fractal9091
                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 2 2:10 AM
                                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Mary Lumsden <mtlumsden@...> wrote:

                                > Dis is the Baron we are talking about.
                                > Dead is realitive thing anyways.
                                > and we got Ana- Luc that was with him. - oh he s not dead.

                                Here's a different question. Did Lunevka abduct Klaus in the commotion, or did he take advantage of the distraction to go into hiding to escape from her?

                                Jonathan
                              • Joseph H
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 2 3:41 PM
                                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph H" <jwhouk@...> wrote:
                                  <snip>
                                  > Tarvek gives a quick explanation about Vole as they're being shot at; Tiktoffen gets thisclose to getting Agatha - just as Violetta either does the Heroic Sacrifice with a FUN-MADD, taking out Tiktoffen.
                                  <snip>

                                  <edit>
                                  ... or manages to use the hanging light to take out Tiktoffen and then disables Vole (she IS a smoke knight, after all).
                                  </edit>

                                  I hate when I don't notice an editing mistake until *AFTER* I post.